The morning after

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There are not many things I hate worse than waking up Sunday morning after a loss. Slowly, the memory of Saturday’s game seeps in to my consciousness and I realize it was not just a bad nightmare. Getting up, having breakfast and getting for church while faking a good mood with the family is a chore.

I have had that experience way too many times the past few years. I would not feel so bad today if we had gotten beaten by Pitt, but why does this coaching staff have so many games where the team just gets behind and falls apart and never adjusts? Last year I can excuse the blowouts (like Clemson where we inexplicably kept running the hurry up offsense giving our defense no time to rest) based on the new staff and youth. At this point, we cannot lose 52-21 at home against another ACC team. Pitt is good but they are a top 10 team. I have not looked at the record books and may be wrong, but it seems like this staff has already had more blowout losses of 30 points or more than other staffs over the years. I will keep buying my seating tickets but this is getting old.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
TStan is in a tough position. It's hard to get people to open up their wallets if they don't see much hope and he made the hire so he doesn't want to appear to have made a poor decision. He may actually leave before Collins and that 7 year contract is up. Both of which he is responsible. So how will the GT faithful feel if Sims has a great to good year next year and leaves which starts the building process all over again. I figure Collins hopes for one big year and everyone will forget these low win years.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
TStan is in a tough position. It's hard to get people to open up their wallets if they don't see much hope and he made the hire so he doesn't want to appear to have made a poor decision. He may actually leave before Collins and that 7 year contract is up. Both of which he is responsible. So how will the GT faithful feel if Sims has a great to good year next year and leaves which starts the building process all over again. I figure Collins hopes for one big year and everyone will forget these low win years.
Aka, the bronco mendenhall plan

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We’re on the wrong path right now…. IIWII. Just hope the damage being done isnt too great.
Best we can hope for is that Collins gets some better assistants in here. Lots of mediocre HC's have thrived with the help of good coordinators.

IMO he has to make some changes this off-season, if for no other reason to keep our fan base from diminishing further - unless the Jackets can at least make a bowl game.

I'm just shocked at how our OL can be this bad.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Those that say we're on the wrong path, besides firing Collins what would you change ? Are you willing to open up your wallets to make said changes. ?

Those that say the offense is bad, how can you say that after seeing the UNC.game ? We still scored 21 yesterday.
On the flip side we saw a great D at UNC but flopped bad yesterday

I'm frustrated but am tired of people complain and offer no reasonable solutions that are within the scope of GTs limits.
I'm willing to give Collins another year to get this figured out, but pressure needs to be put on him to see results.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Those that say we're on the wrong path, besides firing Collins what would you change ? Are you willing to open up your wallets to make said changes. ?

Those that say the offense is bad, how can you say that after seeing the UNC.game ? We still scored 21 yesterday.

I'm frustrated but am tired of people complain and offer no reasonable solutions that are within the scope of GTs limits.
I'm willing to give Collins another year to get this figured out, but pressure needs to be put on him to see results.

Welcome to the internet

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

It’s not Collins the CEO. It’s Collins the guy who doesn’t want to get rid of his friend Patenaude. And if Collins truly believes handing the ball off 6 yards behind this OLine is the best game plan we have then he and his friend will be gone. I want Collins to stay but he has to humble himself and hire an OC with a track record. You scheme to your strengths. GT has not been doing that. Yesterday, the plays that worked were the swing passes, quick passes to space, or Sims just running. But Patenaude and Collins were still handing it off down 3-4 scores in the 3rd quarter. I sat behind Pitt‘s bench and I’ve never seen a staff give each other so many low fives during a game. It’s as if they were laughing at our stupidity. After that 4th and goal debacle they were laughing at us. They were even shocked of our play calls.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
Best we can hope for is that Collins gets some better assistants in here. Lots of mediocre HC's have thrived with the help of good coordinators.

IMO he has to make some changes this off-season, if for no other reason to keep our fan base from diminishing further - unless the Jackets can at least make a bowl game.

I'm just shocked at how our OL can be this bad.
OL needs 4 years to show progress, Key gets that time I hope. Red zone offense is not good. Have to threaten the end zone, most plays did not even do that. And NO FADES!!!!

Looks like offense is designed on something cool OC saw on TV. No cohesion.

No identity still. To many good RBs to have nothing. Also, sims HAS to throw with more authority. Step into throws. To much flat/back foot tosses

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Pat will be gone, Todd will have a sit down with Key (who should also be gone), and there should be a reevaluation of the secondary. It will happen. I still think year 5 will be the year.
If CDP is a lame-duck coach, is it best for him to be gone now or at the end of the season?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty much done with Thacker, Key and Wiesehan. Did you guys know we had a tight ends coach?
We should have kept Sewak and saved about $400,000.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know what the problem is up there, but it's hard for me to believe the OL needs four years to show progress.

Bottom line is that in spite of our unimaginative OC, we'd be smoking on offense if we had enough blocking up front.
You have to remember there was also zero OL commits in 2019 cycle. The first OL commit is a second year on campus. Think we’ll really start seeing improvements once we actually have seniors who have been in the program the whole time. Until then we’ll be reliant on transfers

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’m so exhausted at this point honestly. Last night I truly contemplated just removing myself from football. It ruins my mood. It honestly does. It’s so stupid, I know. But I can’t help but allow myself to get emotionally invested in these games.

But honestly, I can’t help but just confirm with myself that our coaches our booty. Not all of them, but the majority. I don’t know what it will take to get us back to being decent or when that will even be. It’s not my job.

My job is being a fan but I don’t know how much more I can take. I wait 8 months just to be disappointed and watch seemingly the same games happen over and over again.

I’ll always pull for our boys but good lord. It’s getting to be pretty taxing.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know what the problem is up there, but it's hard for me to believe the OL needs four years to show progress.

Bottom line is that in spite of our unimaginative OC, we'd be smoking on offense if we had enough blocking up front.
OL takes longest to get up to speed(all that entails) in college ball. Plus weight room work.
Why do you think the staff keeps having to bring in upperclass OL transfers!?!?

The OC should be helping the OL with more imagination in play calls.