The Handshake

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Can't coach our guys to be disciplined and not walk the talk. Yea - the officiating was bad, but Narduzzi just brought his team and played the game. I like CGC but this seemed kinda immature to me. If you can't get thru the handshake - wave, say 'good game' and blame it on the protocols. Who WASN'T taught to congratulate the winner in sports - good, bad or indifferent? We're 'preparing these guys with life skills' is something we hear a lot.

He literally went and shook the guys hand and tried to walk off after. The only reason it's an issue is because Narduzzi held on because he wanted to have a post game chat which Collins is under no obligation, in any sense, to oblige.

Also, GT already bent over backwards for Pitt here. The game was originally scheduled after our bye week when Pitt had a normal week. It was postponed because Pitt would have been short handed and under prepared and so it was rescheduled to a time where they had a bye week, we were short handed, and coming off 5 days rest. We were screwed by the scheduling to accommodate Pitt and then screwed by the refs in game to the advantage of Pitt. Of course Narduzzi wanted to talk. His team got every break before and during the game. So of course he thought it was a good game. But anyone with a modicum of social awareness would have realized Collins had no interest in talking with him at that point, done the token hand shake and been on their way. But Narduzzi didn't because he's an *** hat.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
LMAO dude the refs were the reason Pitt scored as much as they did. How many times did we have them stopped on 3rd down but a BS penalty nullified it? Their last scoring drive shouldn't have happened making it 26-20.

And then if the refs weren't trash they would have called at least one of the three blatant penalties on Pitt:

Roughing the passer on Sims.
Defensive holding on Camp in the end zone.
Defensive pass interference on Camp in the end zone.

Any one of those and we are at the goal line and potentially score to win the game 26-27.

The refs absolutely lost us the game and Collins had every right to be pissed and snub Narduzzi. He should call our the refs too.
Refs sucked big time but not the reason we lost the game. Look at the stats and you'll see Pitt actually dominated us in almost every way including 513 vs 348 yards, 3 turnovers vs 1, Time of possession, you pick... Pitt's last drive where they just ran the ball straight up the middle w/6 mins remaining for the clinching TD when everyone knew that's what they would try to do clearly showed they were winning at the line of scrimmage...and the better team. However, I loved seeing the fight in our team with the comeback. If we were good enough to stop that last Pitt drive, turn the ball back to our offense and score then we come out on top. IMO, positive signs of progress we may be good enough next season to flip a game like this. But not this season...

And while the officiating was maddening, CGC shouldn't have acted like that with the handshake - very bad look the Mother's of all those GT recruits won't appreciate - and right before early signing day next week... Don't like the external impression - great to be passionate but that look doesn't help recruiting... Absolutely supplying negative ammo for our competition for the recruiting wars...

Last edited:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
From the quick look that most of the country is going to get, it makes coach look like a big baby. However, it will be forgotten by Sunday. Hopefully he does not keep repeating this type of childish behaviour.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Refs sucked big time but not the reason we lost the game.

Pitt is the better team than us this year. Their lines are clearly better. They have more experience. And probably several other points. And they largely did play better than us.

But the refs prevented us from having a chance at the upset despite those things.

Looking strictly at yards and ToP is misleading because they had drives extended by BS penalties. For instance on their last FG drive we had them in what should have been 3rd and 13 and the refs extended that drive with an extremely soft personal foul call. So instead of potentially a 10 yard drive taking roughly 1:30 it was a 78 yard drive taking nearly 9 minutes. And that wasn't the only questionable call on that drive.

The score should have been 23-15 with us having the ball, or at least in a 3rd and 13 with a good chance to get the ball back. Would we have won? Who knows. probably not. But the refs absolutely put their thumb on the scale that prevented that from even being an option at that point.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
CGC did nothing wrong at that handshake. I will admit when I first saw it I thought he was just snubbing Narduzzi (and I was all about it), but if you actually watch he walks up looks at him and goes to shake his hand quickly before walking off. Narduzzi made it look bad by grabbing his hand and trying to yank him back! First off we are in a pandemic so thry probably shouldn't actually shake hands in the first place but since they did it should be brief, which is what Collins was doing.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOL...the reality is, it's more fun for us to talk about and make conjecture, but no one really cares but us. CGC and Narduzzi have both moved on. The team has moved on. The press isn't gonna waste any time with it.

However, GT fans will spend the next week going back and forth about it. It's what we do!

bugelman

Georgia Tech Fan
Ooo, that's smooth. PR needs to get the talking points to coach now.

"Hey, we're in the middle of a pandemic. He didn't have a mask on, I was just trying to keep my kids safe. I dunno where that jacka** has been." - CGC
I was embarrassed to see Coach Jeff's bad sportsmanship regarding shaking hands. I watched it twice and it was very disrespectful to the Pitt coach. Bad look for Coach Collins. Pitt will remember this next time we play them. On national tv is the WRONG time to act childish. Go Jackets

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was embarrassed to see Coach Jeff's bad sportsmanship regarding shaking hands. I watched it twice and it was very disrespectful to the Pitt coach. Bad look for Coach Collins. Pitt will remember this next time we play them. On national tv is the WRONG time to act childish. Go Jackets

Eh, it was blacked out in Atlanta so most of our own fans are just now hearing about it. The rest of the country probably didn't even know we were playing as it was a regional telecast.

:)

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
He literally went and shook the guys hand and tried to walk off after. The only reason it's an issue is because Narduzzi held on because he wanted to have a post game chat which Collins is under no obligation, in any sense, to oblige.

Also, GT already bent over backwards for Pitt here. The game was originally scheduled after our bye week when Pitt had a normal week. It was postponed because Pitt would have been short handed and under prepared and so it was rescheduled to a time where they had a bye week, we were short handed, and coming off 5 days rest. We were screwed by the scheduling to accommodate Pitt and then screwed by the refs in game to the advantage of Pitt. Of course Narduzzi wanted to talk. His team got every break before and during the game. So of course he thought it was a good game. But anyone with a modicum of social awareness would have realized Collins had no interest in talking with him at that point, done the token hand shake and been on their way. But Narduzzi didn't because he's an *** hat.
There is a reason the West Virginian call them SPitt. They pull stuff like this.

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
Narduzzi is full of baloney. He was talking trash, not being nice. He’s an *******. CGC should have replied, “so is your Mom.”
That's what these Alpha males do....Most Athletes talk much trash on the field, that's nothing new, the stuff I've heard on a Rec fields is harsh...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Without having read any of the above yet, it looked like a piss poor act from the stands.

Taking two more seconds would have made a big difference and still "allowed" CGC to visit the band with the team. That "excuse" in the post game was weak sauce.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
did Collins shake dickweeds hand? Yes. Did Coach dickweed keep holding on to Collins hand while he was trying to move on? Yes. How is that bad sportsmenship on Collin‘s part? Nardouchie should have let go

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s time for your creepy obsession with a coach for your son’s old team to move on. It’s shouldn’t be worth your time.
Bored, Game are being canceled, I haven't been here in 4 weeks. Jesus ...My son career will be over soon..... guess what I will still watch sports, I played football my career is over I still make comments

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Without having read any of the above yet, it looked like a piss poor act from the stands.

Taking two more seconds would have made a big difference and still "allowed" CGC to visit the band with the team. That "excuse" in the post game was weak sauce.
Holding on to a handshake if not a genuine show of cordiality. It is Narduchi saying you did not give me a chance to show what a great guy I am. Just like
there is no crying in baseball; there are no long handshakes in football.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The sad thing about all of this is that the Georgia Tech players are now reading all about it and watching the replay-video of it, and reading what their own football coach said when he was asked about it, on social media and the newspapers.

Not a good thing at all. Show the right kind of leadership and sportsmanship at all times, Coach.

Jmonty71

Banned
Collins is passive aggressive. Instead of laying into refs or his players, he pulls a childish stunt. The guy needs to man up, stop being a p**sy and get into people's faces. That was embarrassing to the team, the program, the fans and himself. Sorry to be blunt... But, instead and throwing a temper tantrum, try learning how to coach and manage a football game.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
The sad thing about all of this is that the Georgia Tech players are now reading all about it and watching the replay-video of it, and reading what their own football coach said when he was asked about it, on social media and the newspapers.

Not a good thing at all. Show the right kind of leadership and sportsmanship at all times, Coach.
I’m sure the players don’t care they prob love Collins even more for it.