The Handshake

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
The sad thing about all of this is that the Georgia Tech players are now reading all about it and watching the replay-video of it, and reading what their own football coach said when he was asked about it, on social media and the newspapers.

Not a good thing at all. Show the right kind of leadership and sportsmanship at all times, Coach.
I'm pretty sure it's something CGC isn't proud of today. It's a bad look and gives GT football the kind publicity that we don't really want. Anyone who doesn't think this is a bad look to all non GT fans is fooling themselves.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm pretty sure it's something CGC isn't proud of today. It's a bad look and gives GT football the kind publicity that we don't really want. Anyone who doesn't think this is a bad look to all non GT fans is fooling themselves.
Who cares. Garrett Myles swung a helmet at a dude, Legarette Blount punched another player. This is a stupid handshake

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The replies to this thread (and others lately) are troubling to me. I’m a young guy, but maybe I’m behind the times. I remember when being a “Tech Man” meant something. It meant carrying yourself with class and decorum, no matter the circumstances. It meant treating others with respect, not because they deserve it, but because it makes the world a better place. It meant that winning was important, but not the most important. That if the costs involved in winning meant sacrificing honesty or personal integrity, then you’d begrudgingly lose, pick your *** up, and find a way to do both. Maybe that was all a pipe dream and a lie, but what a beautiful lie it was.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
The replies to this thread (and others lately) are troubling to me. I’m a young guy, but maybe I’m behind the times. I remember when being a “Tech Man” meant something. It meant carrying yourself with class and decorum, no matter the circumstances. It meant treating others with respect, not because they deserve it, but because it makes the world a better place. It meant that winning was important, but not the most important. That if the costs involved in winning meant sacrificing personal integrity, then you’d begrudgingly lose, pick your *** up, and find a way to do both. Maybe that was all a pipe dream and a lie, but what a beautiful lie it was.

if a post game event where the opposing coach tries to grab our coach and pull him back for a hug or something rocks you to your inner core, that's on you.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Collins is passive aggressive. Instead of laying into refs or his players, he pulls a childish stunt. The guy needs to man up, stop being a p**sy and get into people's faces. That was embarrassing to the team, the program, the fans and himself. Sorry to be blunt... But, instead and throwing a temper tantrum, try learning how to coach and manage a football game.

This contradicts itself all over the place.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The replies to this thread (and others lately) are troubling to me. I’m a young guy, but maybe I’m behind the times. I remember when being a “Tech Man” meant something. It meant carrying yourself with class and decorum, no matter the circumstances. It meant treating others with respect, not because they deserve it, but because it makes the world a better place. It meant that winning was important, but not the most important. That if the costs involved in winning meant sacrificing honesty or personal integrity, then you’d begrudgingly lose, pick your *** up, and find a way to do both. Maybe that was all a pipe dream and a lie, but what a beautiful lie it was.

What, were you a theatre major or something with that drama?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Refs sucked big time but not the reason we lost the game. Look at the stats and you'll see Pitt actually dominated us in almost every way including 513 vs 348 yards, 3 turnovers vs 1, Time of possession, you pick... Pitt's last drive where they just ran the ball straight up the middle w/6 mins remaining for the clinching TD when everyone knew that's what they would try to do clearly showed they were winning at the line of scrimmage...and the better team. However, I loved seeing the fight in our team with the comeback. If we were good enough to stop that last Pitt drive, turn the ball back to our offense and score then we come out on top. IMO, positive signs of progress we may be good enough next season to flip a game like this. But not this season...

And while the officiating was maddening, CGC shouldn't have acted like that with the handshake - very bad look the Mother's of all those GT recruits won't appreciate - and right before early signing day next week... Don't like the external impression - great to be passionate but that look doesn't help recruiting... Absolutely supplying negative ammo for our competition for the recruiting wars...
Pitt wouldn't have all those stats and yards without the help of the refs though.. That's the thing. The refs bailed them out several times extending their drives when our D played great and got stops.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with others, the handshake looks worse because Nard dog held CGC's hand and did the Trump-pull-their-hand thing. From a single view it almost looks like CGC threw his hand down, but it was just Nard pulling. It's not required to go shake hands with the other coach, especially during a pandemic. A quick handshake (which is what CGC was obviously planning) is fine.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Tbh, the Stoops thing is a completely different beast. One of Kentuckys players was hurt, and Stoops was more worried about barking at our players, and CPJ had enough.

I guess you missed the part of the game where pit player was laying on top of Carpenter and their coaches barking at our players on the sideline or when Sims was driven into the ground after Pitt received numerous roughing the passer calls?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess you missed the part of the game where pit player was laying on top of Carpenter and their coaches barking at our players on the sideline or when Sims was driven into the ground after Pitt received numerous roughing the passer calls?
Yeah Pitt players were constantly in our guys' faces after they either broke up a pass or got the free flags from the refs.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
and shoving the ball into our guys' faces, jawboning, bragging about getting away with another PI no-call, and on and on.

I guess etiquette class is what replaced drownproofing.