The Handshake

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
See Narduzzi’s comments below. The guy is a ****ing idiot and always has been. And who has EVER tried to grab the other coach?
Naduzzi is for sure 100% a jacka**, but it's like someone mentioned previously, just wave from afar.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Per espn article specifically on the infamous hand shake:

"I told him, 'Hey, you've got a great team,'" Narduzzi said. "He said, 'Baloney,' or some other nice words, and walked off. I don't know. I thought it was a good game."

Collins insisted that he didn't intend to get into it with Narduzzi.

"I was just focused on getting our guys over to the band to celebrate," Collins said. "I don't even remember what I said, to be honest with you."

👀👀

If true (questionable considering the source) is this how cgc feels about his team?

Have at it ladies and gentlemen.

Deleted member 2897

"I told him, 'Hey, you've got a great team,'" Narduzzi said. "He said, 'Baloney,' or some other nice words, and walked off. I don't know. I thought it was a good game."

"I was just focused on getting our guys over to the band to celebrate," Collins said. "I don't even remember what I said, to be honest with you."

👀👀

If true (questionable considering the source) is this how cgc feels about his team?

Narduzzi is full of baloney. He was talking trash, not being nice. He’s an *******. CGC should have replied, “so is your Mom.”

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Well I'll say one thing, CGC is getting some media coverage over it. I know it's not a good look, but it's coverage. The Pitt coach should have let go of the handshake and made it look worse when Collins disengaged. I was at the game and didn't see a replay when Sims got hurt. I know there was a lot of hard feelings, but did something happen when Sims got hurt near the end of the game?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I had the distinct impression Collins could have cared less about the post game handshake and wanted to go after the refs.

Why would Collins have any particular dislike for Narduzzi? Isn't this the first time their paths have crossed? I believe Collins when he said he was focused on his team and not on Narduzzi.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe if Narduzzi didn’t use the Donald Trump squeeze-and-tug technique for handshakes it wouldn’t look like as big of a deal. If Collins doesn’t want to stop and chat, tugging on his arm ain’t gonna change his mind.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a bad look for sure. Imagine the very common QB to QB post game greet went just like this, what would we be saying about that kids character? Collins ought to keep his anger directed at the refs if that is what he's so salty about. And to be fair, GT loses that game even without those crap call late in the game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

👀👀

Yeah don't let that jacka** start something thats not there. CGC loves his guys. That's not up for debate.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Coach missed a golden opportunity to burn Jacka**uzzi by playing up the no-contact angle.

"Hey, that jacka** knows we're in a pandemic. He wasn't s'posed to grab my hand like a jacka** and he knows it."

Techster

Helluva Engineer
"I was just focused on getting our guys over to the band to celebrate," Collins said.

:unsure:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

C'mon, CGC. Should of went with the "Given Covid is spreading like wildfire, and I have no clue where Pat's hands have been, I thought it was safer if our contact was brief so I can go shake everyone else's hands for a longer period of time" excuse.

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't coach our guys to be disciplined and not walk the talk. Yea - the officiating was bad, but Narduzzi just brought his team and played the game. I like CGC but this seemed kinda immature to me. If you can't get thru the handshake - wave, say 'good game' and blame it on the protocols. Who WASN'T taught to congratulate the winner in sports - good, bad or indifferent? We're 'preparing these guys with life skills' is something we hear a lot.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I didn't watch the 4th quarter (wasn't a good enough game to stay up to the end...I've got it on tape and will watch the 4th tonight). Maybe Nard Dog wanted to tell Geoff STTE that he understand his frustration with the refs and something else congenial but Geoff had other plans. That said, it wasn't a good luck and I hope he stands up, take ownership (gawd I hate these new age expressions), and apologizes.