The future of GT football

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
My point is that it’s very difficult to take young kids to games and create the kinds of traditions that can travel from one generation to the next. They won’t even let fans bring a damn diaper bag in the stadium. It’s as if they’re actively working to keep families away.

Oh. Gotcha. Yeah, that’s basically what I was saying. I don’t have kids, and at this point never really see it happening, but taking children to a game just seems like all sorts of a pain in the ***.

slugboy

Staff member
My point is that it’s very difficult to take young kids to games and create the kinds of traditions that can travel from one generation to the next. They won’t even let fans bring a damn diaper bag in the stadium. It’s as if they’re actively working to keep families away.
I can't think of a stadium that's done it well. Most teams--even in baseball which seems to be the most family friendly sport--don't provide a different area for family seating which could help. Maybe there are other options.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
1993 and 1994 were pretty bad.
I have started looking into the bill lewis years . That last year was a real stinker. In one of those years we played at Baylor. I took whole family to tour baylor and wztch the game.
W time expiring Tech was down and coming back. They threw a pass to a guy along sidelines. He caught the ball and a defender drilled him hard and they went out of bounds. Good so far- but no the d xx ball was laying on the ground like it was placed there. Tech lost.

Got to get into what made him so bad . Wife still laughs at how i would go around house muttering about getting beat by mary - land .

herb

Helluva Engineer
Oh. Gotcha. Yeah, that’s basically what I was saying. I don’t have kids, and at this point never really see it happening, but taking children to a game just seems like all sorts of a pain in the ***.

Nah, it’s a blast. You just have to adjust accordingly. Lots of ice cream, frozen lemonade and popcorn. But you got to get it in their blood before they are tempted by the dark side

Animal02

Banned
Nah, it’s a blast. You just have to adjust accordingly. Lots of ice cream, frozen lemonade and popcorn. But you got to get it in their blood before they are tempted by the dark side
Took my son to his first college game when he was 6 weeks old (his sister was in the band color guard). He went to his first Tech game at 3 months. He is already a huge Tech fan at 11. Has a Tech backpack for school, etc. Getting to games now is tough because he plays CYO ball.