The effect of ND on the ACC

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Dunno about that. It loads up the South with strong teams and leaves the North with maybe two, three if BC comes along. Don't think the ADs would go for that.
Yeah, I am not crazy about it
UCONN not an academically rigorous university. I went to HS in CT, and UCONN was my 4th choice, safety school. Not academically impressive as a whole.
Agree. When I was in danger of flunking out where I was and I looked into a transfer there and they accepted me. Ended up just dropping out for awhile and then returning to school when I was more focused.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I rescend my previous comment. It looks like UCONN has improved it's academics significantly in the past 30 years (just like their basketball program). Imagine that.

I had no idea either, I just remember from when we added Louisville that there was a (small) uproar among some that we didn't get UConn bc their academics fit in closer with what we were losing (Maryland). That said, I think Navy is up there too in terms of academics.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I had no idea either, I just remember from when we added Louisville that there was a (small) uproar among some that we didn't get UConn bc their academics fit in closer with what we were losing (Maryland). That said, I think Navy is up there too in terms of academics.
Navy is in the first year of its affiliation with the American Athletic Conference and would find it very hard, and expensive, to get out. Not sure how they could raise enough cash without tax assistance, and they won't get that. They would have been great two or three years ago but somehow weren't considered or if considered, not chosen. (They are playing ECU, a conference game, at the same time as GT-NT.) But to say Navy is "up there" in academics is like saying Zsa Zsa Gabor's seven marriages were a bit much. They will do quite well in any comparison, as I assume would the other service academies. There's a reason their football programs took a dive.