• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
USF vs Wisc
2.80 ypp; allowed 6.30 ypp
USF vs GT
4.74 ypp; allowed 3.67 ypp

We are not that good currently, maybe the worst team in ACC.

We win but don't cover. 28-10.
Yeah, so far the points per play and points per drive isn't looking too solid on offense either. Hopefully we can make improvements each week.

Offense
2018 mean PPD: 2.21
2019 GT: 1.04

2018 mean PPP: 0.390
2019 GT: 0.203

Defense
2018 mean PPD: 2.08
2019 GT: 2.30

2018 mean PPP: 0.396
2019 GT: 0.446 (the Clemson game is murdering this. It was only 0.169 against USF)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I expect a lot of arguing about who should be starting at QB vs Temple....I mean ATL at QB.....I mean who is the most ATL......

You know what I mean. Who should be named as starter without all the ATL nonsense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
After the qb names himself, .....

I guess we can blame the ....
Yeah, so far the points per play and points per drive isn't looking too solid on offense either. Hopefully we can make improvements each week.

Offense
2018 mean PPD: 2.21
2019 GT: 1.04

2018 mean PPP: 0.390
2019 GT: 0.203

Defense
2018 mean PPD: 2.08
2019 GT: 2.30

2018 mean PPP: 0.396
2019 GT: 0.446 (the Clemson game is murdering this. It was only 0.169 against USF)
Meaningless.
Can't compare 2 different systems after 2 games.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Meaningless.

If the 2019 system was outperforming the CPJ system, would you feel the same way? I bet you’d be cautiously ecstatic. Regardless, the comparison of systems doesn’t matter but the results sure do. I feel like we will get plenty of yards and points tomorrow so I’ll be curious to see the updated stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

Meaningless.
I am not comparing GT 2019 to GT 2018. I am comparing GT 2019 and all of FBS last year. It would be unfair to expect us to attain similar offensive production to last year this quickly. We are already doing better than our defense last year, and that is including a Clemson game that is destroying our stats.

Like I said in my original post, I just want to see us making improvements. I don’t expect us to be world beaters on offense for a couple recruiting cycles.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If the 2019 system was outperforming the CPJ system, would you feel the same way? I bet you’d be cautiously ecstatic. Regardless, the comparison of systems doesn’t matter but the results sure do. I feel like we will get plenty of yards and points tomorrow so I’ll be curious to see the updated stats.

Again, just to make this clear. I specifically did not include the GT 2018 stats because I don’t really care to compare them. I’m tired of the bickering about it :D. I want us to be getting better as the year progresses.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Again, just to make this clear. I specifically did not include the GT 2018 stats because I don’t really care to compare them. I’m tired of the bickering about it :D. I want us to be getting better as the year progresses.

I have to admit that I thought you were comparing GT 2018 vs 2019 based on the way the grouping looked. So, are the 2018 stats for the entire FBS? I looked at total yards after week two for 2019 and I think we are sitting at 115ish out of 130. I think we will move way up after tomorrow.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I have to admit that I thought you were comparing GT 2018 vs 2019 based on the way the grouping looked. So, are the 2018 stats for the entire FBS? I looked at total yards after week two for 2019 and I think we are sitting at 115ish out of 130. I think we will move way up after tomorrow.

I should have labeled it better, but it’s too late to edit. Yes the 2018 is the mean average over all FBS schools. I just wanted to show how our numbers currently compare to the mean average from last year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

No i am more of an in person eye ball evaluator. So far my eye ball says we dont bounce off the other team. Thanks lew.

I will be shocked if Cgc keep little stat cards in his desk.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
No i am more of an in person eye ball evaluator. So far my eye ball says we dont bounce off the other team. Thanks lew.

I will be shocked if Cgc keep little stat cards in his desk.
Maybe Collins doesn't have the stat card, but I bet Pat Boyle does https://ramblinwreck.com/coach/pat-boyle/. Collins hired him to be our research and analytics coordinator.

Of Boyle https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...h-as-geoff-collins-starts-by-focusing-on-fun/
Ask Collins when to go for it on fourth down, and he immediately loops in Boyle. During the final seconds of a 7-point Temple win against Navy last season, the 31-year-old Boyle can be seen at Collins' side advising on timing issues.

Boyle was a Temple offensive tackle who graduated in 2011. He is so immersed in analytics that he has been to the prestigious MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. The conference is sort of a South By Southwest hootenanny for analytics nerds. Malcolm Gladwell was there. So were Mike Leach and Jeannie Buss.

Of Collins https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-geoff-collins-was-hired-georgia-tech/DQjdvuZdpTkKtP8VB5EBYO/
Collins demonstrated a spirit of outside-the-box thinking – he uses analytics and outfits players with GPS tracking devices to monitor workload in practice

One of the things that excites me most about Collins is him his enthusiasm for analytics and sports science. His job as head coach is to win games, and he thought it was valuable to hire a stat "nerd" to his staff to help in that endeavor.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets win in another low scoring game, 24-6. My expectation is the defense holds El Cid to 2 field goals after turnovers. The fourth quarter is scoreless.

This forum is still yammering about who the starting quarterback should be. But love the youngsters on defense.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Wisconsin is a top 15 team. We might be a top 50 team. Silly comparison.
"We might be a top 50 team..." We might be a bottom 50 team, who knows but we will find out when we play Duke, UNC, and Virginia Tech. Lose all of those and we will be at the bottom or nearly so of the ACC. I don't really think we are that bad but until we beat a top 50 team then we can talk.