1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

The Citadel vs. Georgia Tech Predictions

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by CuseJacket, Sep 12, 2019.

?

Margin of Victory

Poll closed Sep 14, 2019.
  1. GT by 14+

131 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. GT by 7-13

21 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. GT by <7

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. El Cid by <7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. El Cid by 7-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. El Cid by 14+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

we are running the highschool offense of today right now.

2. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

USF vs Wisc
    2.80 ypp; allowed 6.30 ypp
    USF vs GT
    4.74 ypp; allowed 3.67 ypp

We are not that good currently, maybe the worst team in ACC.

We win but don't cover. 28-10.

3. Coloradojacket

Coloradojacket Helluva Engineer

If we start LJ I don't expect much offense. If we start Oliver then we will be in the end zone 4 times in the first half. I expect this game to be very similar to Wofford in 2014.

4. knoxjacket

knoxjacket Helluva Engineer

Wisconsin is a top 15 team. We might be a top 50 team. Silly comparison.

Heisman's Ghost likes this.
  5. ibeattetris

ibeattetris Helluva Engineer

Yeah, so far the points per play and points per drive isn't looking too solid on offense either. Hopefully we can make improvements each week.

Offense
    2018 mean PPD: 2.21
    2019 GT: 1.04

2018 mean PPP: 0.390
    2019 GT: 0.203

Defense
    2018 mean PPD: 2.08
    2019 GT: 2.30

2018 mean PPP: 0.396
    2019 GT: 0.446 (the Clemson game is murdering this. It was only 0.169 against USF)

6. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

I expect a lot of arguing about who should be starting at QB vs Temple....I mean ATL at QB.....I mean who is the most ATL......

You know what I mean. Who should be named as starter without all the ATL nonsense.

7. SecretAgentBuzz

SecretAgentBuzz Helluva Engineer

8. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

17 - 31, GT with the WIN

9. TampaGT

TampaGT Helluva Engineer

28-10 the good guys. I think the key is no turnovers and getting an early lead.

10. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

After the qb names himself, .....

I guess we can blame the ....
    Meaningless.
    Can't compare 2 different systems after 2 games.

ibeattetris likes this.
  11. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

If the 2019 system was outperforming the CPJ system, would you feel the same way? I bet you’d be cautiously ecstatic. Regardless, the comparison of systems doesn’t matter but the results sure do. I feel like we will get plenty of yards and points tomorrow so I’ll be curious to see the updated stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear and ibeattetris like this.
  12. ibeattetris

I am not comparing GT 2019 to GT 2018. I am comparing GT 2019 and all of FBS last year. It would be unfair to expect us to attain similar offensive production to last year this quickly. We are already doing better than our defense last year, and that is including a Clemson game that is destroying our stats.

Like I said in my original post, I just want to see us making improvements. I don’t expect us to be world beaters on offense for a couple recruiting cycles.

13. ibeattetris

Again, just to make this clear. I specifically did not include the GT 2018 stats because I don’t really care to compare them. I’m tired of the bickering about it :D. I want us to be getting better as the year progresses.

Whiskey_Clear and GT_05 like this.
  14. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

I have to admit that I thought you were comparing GT 2018 vs 2019 based on the way the grouping looked. So, are the 2018 stats for the entire FBS? I looked at total yards after week two for 2019 and I think we are sitting at 115ish out of 130. I think we will move way up after tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris likes this.
  15. ibeattetris

I should have labeled it better, but it’s too late to edit. Yes the 2018 is the mean average over all FBS schools. I just wanted to show how our numbers currently compare to the mean average from last year.

Whiskey_Clear and GT_05 like this.
  16. iceeater1969

No i am more of an in person eye ball evaluator. So far my eye ball says we dont bounce off the other team. Thanks lew.

I will be shocked if Cgc keep little stat cards in his desk.

17. ibeattetris

Maybe Collins doesn't have the stat card, but I bet Pat Boyle does https://ramblinwreck.com/coach/pat-boyle/. Collins hired him to be our research and analytics coordinator.

Of Boyle https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...h-as-geoff-collins-starts-by-focusing-on-fun/
    Of Collins https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-geoff-collins-was-hired-georgia-tech/DQjdvuZdpTkKtP8VB5EBYO/
    One of the things that excites me most about Collins is him his enthusiasm for analytics and sports science. His job as head coach is to win games, and he thought it was valuable to hire a stat "nerd" to his staff to help in that endeavor.

jchens_GT, gtpi and GT_05 like this.
  18. jacket_fan

jacket_fan Helluva Engineer

Jackets win in another low scoring game, 24-6. My expectation is the defense holds El Cid to 2 field goals after turnovers. The fourth quarter is scoreless.

This forum is still yammering about who the starting quarterback should be. But love the youngsters on defense.

ibeattetris likes this.
  19. iceeater1969

Citadel depth chart shows their Ol tackles are small. They have 4 that are 235 to 260. Will see how they do in space.

Also, they list a tight end and one ab .

20. Heisman's Ghost

Heisman's Ghost Helluva Engineer

"We might be a top 50 team..." We might be a bottom 50 team, who knows but we will find out when we play Duke, UNC, and Virginia Tech. Lose all of those and we will be at the bottom or nearly so of the ACC. I don't really think we are that bad but until we beat a top 50 team then we can talk.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.