• El Cid by 7-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • El Cid by 14+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I remember reading somewhere that the safest bet in all of college sports is betting that a triple option team will cover a spread.

Would be interesting to see a fact check on that. No doubt it can be somewhat of an equalizer. But our players have plenty of familiarity with it, and both Collins and Thacker cut their teeth in the Southern Conference. I am not worried about their offense at all. I just want to see what ours can do. Under 30 points for us would not be a great sign. Citadel is not GaSou or App St when they pulled off their upsets. Not even close.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Would be interesting to see a fact check on that. No doubt it can be somewhat of an equalizer. But our players have plenty of familiarity with it, and both Collins and Thacker cut their teeth in the Southern Conference. I am not worried about their offense at all. I just want to see what ours can do. Under 30 points for us would not be a great sign. Citadel is not GaSou or App St when they pulled off their upsets. Not even close.

The Citadel is 0-2 with losses to Towson St. and Elon. LOSSES to these 2 teams.

I agree - under 30 is not a good sign, esp. when Towson St. put up 35 and Elon 28. We should score 40+. Like you said, this is not a particularly good Citadel team, regardless of scheme.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck

Fact Check:
https://www.bannersociety.com/2019/9/9/20856724/triple-option-underdogs-army-navy-air-force

“Since 1995, the three FBS military academies — Air Force, Army, and Navy — are a combined 41-11-1 against the spread* as underdogs of more than three touchdowns (21.5 points or more), according to Odds Shark’s database.”

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Citadel was tied with Bamer 10-10 at halftime last year. I don't think it'll be an easy game for us.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Poll included.

Tech 31 -10 We ought to be able to hang a bagel on them.

There is no reason for this game to be close. That said, do to them what Duke and Virginia Tech have done to us. Put Carpenter on the line and shoot the gaps every time. Penetration causing the quarterback into hurrying his reads is our best weapon. We may not get t he number of possessions we are used to so we have to move the football and score touchdowns. If we can put them down more than two scores in the first half we will have them right where we want them playing catch up and throwing the ball when they are not dictating the flow of the game. We need Miami type linebackers who can get outside in a hurry. David probably needs to sit a spell for this one and let Charlie and the others do the heavy lifting. If this game is even reasonably close it will portend bad tidings for the future.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Nonsense! We just need to practice without the ball and play sound assignment football! I do hope we dedicated extra time for this in Spring and Fall camps, and I wish we’d had a BYE before the game to prep for something so unorthodox. Honestly I just want a W and I hope all of our players make it out of the game without getting injured from all the chop blocks...such a dirty way to play the game. Good news is you don’t have to worry about them throwing the ball.

Am I doing it right? Did I miss any?

Well, one year an ACC coach complained that "...they (Tech) is the absolute worst team to face following a short week " Pretty much true Now we get to complain like Frank used to about chop blocks and such. It will be like old times.