The Citadel Postgame

Do you actually read posts or just post diahrrea?

I don’t wan’t TO on the field as qb, never have. What are you talking about?
WHAT ??? TO is the only QB on the team right now who can actually move the ball consistently down the field, with or without passes. He should start until Graham has a chance to develop, if at all, and LJ should never sniff the field again on offense.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
WHAT ??? TO is the only QB on the team right now who can actually move the ball consistently down the field, with or without passes. He should start until Graham has a chance to develop, if at all, and LJ should never sniff the field again on offense.

Right now doesn't mean squat. We should be making decisions based on the long term good, and that likely means playing TO at the position and in the ways we intend to long term. Go with Graham or Yates from here on out, sprinkle in some wildcat with Oliver, and otherwise put him at WR where we desperately need some help.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I want to get everyone's opinion on this, as it's something that kind of low key bothered me sitting at the game today, and I don't know if I should be bothered or not. I don't think I'm "old" at 41 years of age, so I hope I'm not getting to my "get off my lawn" years already, but during the game today at many times when the clock was stopped (TV time out, etc), many of our players were on the sidelines literally dancing to the songs playing over the PA...like full-on group dancing. This was going on even when The Citadel was in the lead, when the game was tied, and when they were driving with the potential to win in regulation. Like there wasn't a care in the world. I'm all about the players having fun and feeling comfortable, but when we, GT, are getting beat by/tied with The Citadel very late in the game, should we really be doing that?

Or am I just getting "old"?

Yeah we were all making fun of it in the stands. I understand the idea, but it’s kind of a bad look when you’re losing to Citedal.

Right now doesn't mean squat. We should be making decisions based on the long term good, and that likely means playing TO at the position and in the ways we intend to long term. Go with Graham or Yates from here on out, sprinkle in some wildcat with Oliver, and otherwise put him at WR where we desperately need some help.
I want Graham and Yates to have a chance to develop. Use them, yes, but neither are ready to start; Oliver is. We should definitely start burning Yates' four games to see how he might do. Hell, he might win the starting job right away. I was disappointed that Graham didn't start, or at least play some today, but then I heard he was in a boot. We need him back, and LJ needs to rid the pines. Until he is well, we HAVE to start Oliver.

Milwaukee

Banned
It was an example. It's one thing to complain that we should be trying to do something else, like the example I posted, which plenty people have more or less said. Team composition is what will cause our opponents to stack the box, not play calling.

I apologize. My alerts are getting mixed up.

Cheers mate.

Milwaukee

Banned

Completely agree. Until Graham is ready Oliver should play. What did you see that made you think I don’t agree with that?

LibertyTurns

Banned
We got outcoached and it wasn’t close.

We’re significantly undisciplined, so much so it’s glaringly obvious.

Our coaching leading up to the game is poor. We’re unprepared.

We lost control over the team.

Not much positive to pull out of this unless the staff and team pulls a huge mea culpa.

We played HS football. We stopped playing HS football. Now we look like we play HS football.

We were weak. We were confused. We better get our **** together fast because we’re at the fork in the B*** L***** road. Same symptoms as last time, different year.

Animal02

Banned
BS...we should be doing what it takes to win each game.....this is not some pro league that you build for the future. The only future is next Saturday.

flygtfly

Georgia Tech Fan
From the game I saw today, citadel did have the line advantage on both sides.
We lost our best DL in an accident,our best OL to transfer, had 2 OL retire, have two others injured, and lost Lee today.
They were in our backfield constantly and got good push on our DL. Not looking good for the rest of the way.
Of course we have better athletes throughout, but they didn’t look they were the 1AA team on the field in the trenches.

As far as the game goes, we can’t melt down so hard. Troubling clock management from Collins and Patenaude through 3 games hasn’t impressed me, but I think some people underestimate what these guys are dealing with depth and talent wise on the lines.
That being said, we played bad and they should take a heap of crap for their coaching today.
I went from thinking we could win 6 preseason to 4 after USF to thinking we will be lucky to win another one. Strap in boys, it only gets harder from here.

Depth and talent should never come into question when play a team like the Citadel. I don't care what kind of offense you're transitioning from. You should be able to run it down their throats and keep that high school offense out of the end zone. This will be laughed about for years from neighboring programs. FCS schools will be licking their chops to come to ATL and get a payday and a possible win with this coach. BTW, how much $$$ did we pay to get our arse kicked today?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I want Graham and Yates to have a chance to develop. Use them, yes, but neither are ready to start; Oliver is. We should definitely start burning Yates' four games to see how he might do. Hell, he might win the starting job right away. I was disappointed that Graham didn't start, or at least play some today, but then I heard he was in a boot. We need him back, and LJ needs to rid the pines. Until he is well, we HAVE to start Oliver.

Im scared if we add another qb to the mix coach P may **** himself. Rotating 4 qbs rest of the year lol

GT_EE78

Banned
I want to get everyone's opinion on this, as it's something that kind of low key bothered me sitting at the game today, and I don't know if I should be bothered or not. I don't think I'm "old" at 41 years of age, so I hope I'm not getting to my "get off my lawn" years already, but during the game today at many times when the clock was stopped (TV time out, etc), many of our players were on the sidelines literally dancing to the songs playing over the PA...like full-on group dancing. This was going on even when The Citadel was in the lead, when the game was tied, and when they were driving with the potential to win in regulation. Like there wasn't a care in the world. I'm all about the players having fun and feeling comfortable, but when we, GT, are getting beat by/tied with The Citadel very late in the game, should we really be doing that?

I agree completely . It's classless like some of the showboating after a tackle. Good coaches don't tolerate that. CGC has work to do

stech81

Helluva Engineer

CGC is getting them ready for 3 years down the road where we can win a few games. Looks stupid when you are losing to an FCS team.