The Citadel Postgame

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it just got under my skin a bit. If we are leading, fine. But I wouldn’t dance unless we had the game easily in the bag. Just thought it was poor form.

Again, I understand the idea and mindset of staying positive and pumping up your brothers on the field, but...the execution of it is...weird.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Those guys were largely either part of an ACC coastal championship team or were just sophomores that year.

4 of those guys you mentioned were seniors and one was a junior. And the 2006 could have been great, but ended up being pretty mediocre after ending the season on three straight losses and losing all 4 of the biggest games of the season.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
We aren't Georgia Southern as much as some liked to pretend we were. We are going to recruit and play big boy football. Really disheartening to see some packing it in already when the program needs support the most.

I still believe in this coaching staff - Collins has been here twice and was successful under O'Leary and Gailey. He was a successful DC and did a pretty good job coaching Temple (was able to learn about being a HC those 2 years). It was a tough and embarrassing loss but they will put together and win a few more this year!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am glad we don't play next week - I need some time, and I am sure the team and the coaches can use some time as well. There needs to be some real soul searching on our offensive identity.

I think I can breathe and think better now than earlier today. But, even after contemplation, that was a poorly coached and prepared team today. I am hoping it is a "one-off". But, boy, it was gargantuan in nature, losing to an 0-2 FCS school at home. It took a boatload of ineptitude.

With that said, rooting for CGC and the staff to get it turned around against some very big odds.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I still believe in this coaching staff - Collins has been here twice and was successful under O'Leary and Gailey. He was a successful DC and did a pretty good job coaching Temple (was able to learn about being a HC those 2 years). It was a tough and embarrassing loss but they will put together and win a few more this year!

You know, I’m still excited by our program, and want to think that maybe this is a wake up call and they pull their **** together and finish out strong. But I’ve seen ZERO indication in 3 games that offensively they (coaching staff) is learning anything. I hate ragging on kids, but Lucas is NOT and never will be a starter. He’s just not. Our current offense moves best with TO at QB, but sure as the sun rises, as soon as he gets some momentum it seems like Lucas is put back in. TO moved the ball today. Enough to win if left in there the entire game. Why does if feel like we are regressing on offense? That part scares me.

You know, I’m still excited by our program, and want to think that maybe this is a wake up call and they pull their **** together and finish out strong. But I’ve seen ZERO indication in 3 games that offensively they (coaching staff) is learning anything. I hate ragging on kids, but Lucas is NOT and never will be a starter. He’s just not. Our current offense moves best with TO at QB, but sure as the sun rises, as soon as he gets some momentum it seems like Lucas is put back in. TO moved the ball today. Enough to win if left in there the entire game. Why does if feel like we are regressing on offense? That part scares me.
And WHY THE HELL start Lucas in OT? WOW !!!

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This is a terrible loss. Arguably the worst in school history. It’s perfectly understandable for fans to be upset.

Firing Geoff Collins Monday morning? That’s not acceptable.