The Best of: Running Back

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
GT All-Time:
  1. Favorite Running Back (includes TB, HB, FB, AB, BB, etc. QB will be a separate future thread.)
  2. Favorite Single RB Play
  3. Best Opposing RB Performance
Really looking forward to the responses on this one.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
GT All-Time:
  1. Favorite Running Back (includes TB, HB, FB, AB, BB, etc. QB will be a separate future thread.)
1) Embry Peeples. Not sure a lot will use this one, but he was a guy who took advantage of CPJs offense as a non-feature back. He did everything else right it seemed like. He ran sharp routes, and put his body on the line to make the blocks. Wish we had 3 of him this year.
2) Roddy against the Dwags (no explanation needed)
Honorable mention- Orwin Smith against Kansas. He simply couldn't be stopped.
3) David Wilson 2011. Think he put up 180 with 2 or 3 big runs

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
GT All-Time:
Tashard choice

CJ spiller had a good game against us in 2009 but when looking it up I saw Andre Ellington had close to 180 and 3 touchdowns against us in 2010 but I don't really remember that game.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
1. Probably Jerry Mays.
2. Man, this one is tough. Synjyn against Missy State to open the second half maybe? Roddy's second TD run against Georgia is priceless, but Days mowing down the Mississippi State defense was awesome.
3. Need to think on this more.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Jon Dwyer was fun to watch in his prime. Also loved Tashard Choice'so passion for the game.
2. I think it was against Vandy and I was sitting up in the partially finished north stands. TD Tony Hollings absolutely blew up the angle against the DB on a sweep. Incredible play. Lots of other good suggestions above.
3. Probably CJ Spiller in the ACCCG in 09. I think he won MVP of the game in a loss!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
1.Eddie Lee was exquisite
2.Wm Bell in '90 Neb Bowl game-greatest spin ever
-not a favorite run but the fastest TD run for 50 yds in Tech history--in '77? we ran a reverse pivot dive from the wishbone with the little flash from Newnan (who later ran 100 yds KO vs ugs).He was in the EZ in a blink!50 yd straight line dash! sorry,can't remember his name
3.the Clemson QB who ran through ,around,and over us in a comeback clem win

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to make this the Alltime GT from Thomson...(my hometown)
1 Favorite RB- Mays
2 Favorite Play-89 vs pups Mays second TD pass to give him the record for pass receptions
3 Best game by a RB- Eddie lee vs Air Force.