The Arms

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I realize you're probably being sarcastic but I'm sorry that's garbage. You don't get a spot in the regionals by just rolling the ball on the field. There are 298 baseball teams competing for those spots. Where I went to undergrad would KILL to have Tech's "disappointments" in baseball. If you want to hand wave that away by all means go for it. But you sound like a Yankee fan. Spoiled. (I can say that. I am one. :p) If being one of the final 16 teams out of 298 is the only thing considered a success it's no wonder you guys are so damn miserable all the time.

I mean honestly what team since 2011 should have been expected to get past regionals at the end of the season? I don't see one. We've had a couple teams that had no right to be at a regional but earned it by winning a conference tournament you guys only seem to care about when we lose. So the bar for a quality season is to exceed expectations every year? No NCAA baseball team does that.

Btw, after a second read I think this came off way more confrontational than I meant it to. So I want to apologize for that. My bad. I'm not trying to personally call you out or anything @MWBATL. Just a random Wednesday rant on what I feel is an overly myopic fan base.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Btw, after a second read I think this came off way more confrontational than I meant it to. So I want to apologize for that. My bad. I'm not trying to personally call you out or anything @MWBATL. Just a random Wednesday rant on what I feel is an overly myopic fan base.

It's OK Squints, and yes, I was intentionally being sarcastic with my original comment.....so, yeah, don't kill me for making a similar point in a sarcastic way. And with this note, you made clear that you're not, so thanks for that. :)

Squints

Helluva Engineer
It's OK Squints, and yes, I was intentionally being sarcastic with my original comment.....so, yeah, don't kill me for making a similar point in a sarcastic way. And with this note, you made clear that you're not, so thanks for that. :)

Yea that's what I get for posting without really going over the post. I was trying to use your post as a jumping off point not a punching bag because I believe there are some in the fan base who hold that attitude. C'est la vie.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yea that's what I get for posting without really going over the post. I was trying to use your post as a jumping off point not a punching bag because I believe there are some in the fan base who hold that attitude. C'est la vie.

Hey, it's OK. I was also making fun of myself, because, to some degree at least, I resemble that remark!