The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

GT_EE78

Banned
Coach Day is sure still irritated about the B10's premature decision.
their skin must be crawlin with the big kickoff tomorrow.
By the time spring rolls around ,we will long have had a natty champ and bowls will all be over and March madness and spring training ongoing ,i have my doubts if their spring escapade will ever get off the ground. Anyone heard any chirps lately from that other conference?

GT_EE78

Banned
" The Big 12 announced Friday that it is launching a COVID-19 antigen testing partnership with Virtual Care for Families that will return results in 15 minutes the day before games and provide batch testing capabilities. The announcement comes the day before seven of the league's 10 teams are scheduled to kick off their 2020 seasons "

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Anyone else hear about how Georgia State's QB Mikele got cleared to play for this season after previously saying he would not play because of a heart condition he got from having COVID? This sounds like really great news to me.
It sounds as if the heart of a young healthy athlete can recover from the inflammation before any lasting damage is done, so long as it is caught and treated early. This is really good news for the college athletes who have tested positive. I am sure all will be tested for myocarditis as well as COVID-19.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It sounds as if the heart of a young healthy athlete can recover from the inflammation before any lasting damage is done, so long as it is caught and treated early. This is really good news for the college athletes who have tested positive. I am sure all will be tested for myocarditis as well as COVID-19.

I definitely believe the younger the person, the more likely that his/her body will heal itself given time. The only other issue (and it has been extremely infrequent, but it has happened) is if a young person develops a blood clot or clots due to covid and is unaware. A few have died from the clots (21 year old girl in B-ham) after they thought they had fully "recovered". Hopefully, they can be screened well enough to identify and deal with it if it happens.

Deleted member 2897

Great team win tonight. We’ll see if any transmission occurred during play - I have not heard of any yet across the country. Meanwhile, how many injuries occurred on the field of play in just our game tonight - 5?

Also, reports of Pressley Harvin being at deaths door and in no shape to play were also proven wildly incorrect.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Great team win tonight. We’ll see if any transmission occurred during play - I have not heard of any yet across the country. Meanwhile, how many injuries occurred on the field of play in just our game tonight - 5?

Also, reports of Pressley Harvin being at deaths door and in no shape to play were also proven wildly incorrect.

I realize the guys are constantly tested, but I would still like to see the guys be a little more careful on the sidelines. I have heard a person can test negative the first 3-5 days after contracting. I wonder if Tre or Chimedza were positive tests or exposure or other?

Deleted member 2897

B10 still waffling since their premature evacuation from college football.
P12 left years ago and no one noticed.

The world just hit a new daily record high in cases. Records are hitting all over Europe. I’m glad our conferences stuck to their guns. It’s almost like by taking a few more weeks to review the data, they finally realized the media are propaganda provocateurs and lying - our country is actually doing really well, people aren’t dying in the streets, and young people in particular handle this disease really well. I don’t agree with them fully on their approach, but there is a section of epidemiologists who say you protect the vulnerable and young people should actually almost intentionally get the virus to get to herd immunity. I think indirectly we’re seeing that take place on campuses. They are being run over the top of like NYC, Italy, Spain, France, and the U.K. were...but hardly anybody’s actually getting sick. It might be luck or it might be intentional, but as each week passes and there is no news of transmission during the games and players aren’t getting sick or complications, I think we’re going to pick up more and more momentum towards playing the full schedule.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Quick note that scuttle is that Big 10 will indeed commence play in October. No other details known. Announcement some time today.

I fully expect to continue to watch Tech when I can alongside my Golden Gophers...if this is true.

Obviously hoping this is not some Twitter mirage. I believe the more football being played the better for everyone. Again, good luck to Tech from here. Billd

Deleted member 2897

Quick note that scuttle is that Big 10 will indeed commence play in October. No other details known. Announcement some time today.

I fully expect to continue to watch Tech when I can alongside my Golden Gophers...if this is true.

Obviously hoping this is not some Twitter mirage. I believe the more football being played the better for everyone. Again, good luck to Tech from here. Billd

ROW THE BOAT!

herb

Helluva Engineer

Nebraska President got "caught" on a hot mic saying Big Ten would make an announcement today that they are playing https://www.ketv.com/article/heard-...-big-ten-announcement-comes-tonight/34027172#