The “Money Men”

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m tired of talking about it and reading about it. If they want him gone, let him go. If he’s staying- get behind him best we can and support the players and Coaches. Whichever it is, get it done. The small fries of the group( me included) want to see positive vibes coming on the pages and Recruits signing up. Those that left, best of luck to you, but shake the bushes and trees and let’s get this thing going in the right direction.
Amen brother

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I was kind of surprised that he talked about the last 3 years of CPJ. I wonder how many of the other big $ guys feel the same way?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
It must be comforting to know you have a full year to fail at your job and will be guaranteed 7.2MM to go away. Big money should’ve made TStan pull the trigger or go down with GC after this season instead of setting an ultimatum for next year. I’m no psychic, but I know we’re not getting 8 wins next year.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ve heard so many different buyout numbers, a Google search:

The buyout drops to $7.2 million if the move is made after 2022, $4.8 million after 2023 and $2.4 million after 2024.
Schultz: Georgia Tech's Geoff Collins under fire, but buyout makes firing unlikely.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
It must be comforting to know you have a full year to fail at your job and will be guaranteed 7.2MM to go away. Big money should’ve made TStan pull the trigger or go down with GC after this season instead of setting an ultimatum for next year. I’m no psychic, but I know we’re not getting 8 wins next year.
And that’s what gets the AD fired

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It was posted in the Money Men thread.

This is just his attempt to throw us off his trail as a money man.

Nice try, @GTrob21 but we got footage of you after dinner last night.....

stoge.gif

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Kelly quinlan was asked on the rivals website in there mailbag questions what was the reaction of having 90 percent bulldogs fans on Saturday and he said that they big money people and also the president is pissed and embarrassed of that. It got a lot of the higher ups attention.
I'm a little late to this party, but the obvious question is why the hell are the "money guys" just getting pissed about this *now*, and not every other year for the past two decades or more?!? Sure, it seems to get worse every time, but I've gotten irritated and angry about the sea of red at the home uGA games every time I have had to endure them in my section that is normally full of GT season ticket holders. I don't mind them having fans at our stadium, but I sure as hell don't want to sit next to them. Not fun.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I'm a little late to this party, but the obvious question is why the hell are the "money guys" just getting pissed about this *now*, and not every other year for the past two decades or more?!? Sure, it seems to get worse every time, but I've gotten irritated and angry about the sea of red at the home uGA games every time I have had to endure them in my section that is normally full of GT season ticket holders. I don't mind them having fans at our stadium, but I sure as hell don't want to sit next to them. Not fun.

Because we went to 19 straight bowl games prior to 2015, including two Orange Bowls, and they just wanted more than that?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Because we went to 19 straight bowl games prior to 2015, including two Orange Bowls, and they just wanted more than that?

I think you missed the point of the question. Why are the money guys and admin just now getting upset about the sea of red in every home game against GT? Your answer has nothing to do with that question.

My opinion is that while we were used to seeing crowds of roughly 40-50% in red, we have NEVER seen the 80-90% invasion that was last Saturdays debacle. I think we had gotten used to large uga friendly crowds but weren't really expecting last Saturday.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I think you missed the point of the question. Why are the money guys and admin just now getting upset about the sea of red in every home game against GT? Your answer has nothing to do with that question.

My opinion is that while we were used to seeing crowds of roughly 40-50% in red, we have NEVER seen the 80-90% invasion that was last Saturdays debacle. I think we had gotten used to large uga friendly crowds but weren't really expecting last Saturday.

Got it. May have misread it. Agreed, years past have been bad. Saturday was exponentially worse. Which indicates the level of dissatisfaction with the current regime, both Collins and Stansbury after saying he has the money to buy him out but wasn't because he "has his man."

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Got it. May have misread it. Agreed, years past have been bad. Saturday was exponentially worse. Which indicates the level of dissatisfaction with the current regime, both Collins and Stansbury after saying he has the money to buy him out but wasn't because he "has his man."
Well, Tstan can follow “his man” off the cliff if he chooses.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
After reading what has been posted here, my money says that Zelnack and Garrett will pull the plug midseason if this ****show continues. They sound like they won't wait.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer

There have been some years when there were a lot of Georgia fans in the stands, but also a lot of empty seats. What changed this year is that Georgia is #1 and headed to the CFP with a good shot at the National Championship. Naturally, those otherwise empty seats turned red.