That's A Wrap...

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Vad seemed so decisive on the first drive when he kept the ball. Then he got hit for a loss on a bad keep decision, and he retreated to the hesitant Vad that we saw several times this season.

I truly beleive the QB battle will be on this spring, and we will see who wants the QB position the most.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree with you.He may be pushed next yr.
Serious question, pushed by who? Jt has had his chances this year and he couldn't do much either. I know he's a freshman and vad is a soph but they're are plenty of young playmakers out there that do just that make plays. Hopefully vad grows a bit and another year of experience will help him. I'm not knocking jt but it seems that he tries to do too much, all the time, all by himself

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The team with the better QB won. He made good reads. It was my first live game in a long time. Observations:
1. Vad needs to step up in the pocket sometimes.
2. Vad needs to take what is there instead of forcing the ball deep. He turned down a sure ten yards running several times in favor of a low percentage throw, often in situations like second and nine.
3. There is really no talent difference evident to me between these two teams.
4. We ran on the wrong side of blocks quite a few times.
5. They jumped the count with huge run blitzes several times with ease-timing.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just goes to show one great recruiting class made a difference in this game. Nkemdiche disrupted the line as soon as he stepped on the field in the second quarter. I hope we can get a another game changing player, but its going to have to be someone that loves Georgia Tech and what it stands for!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Our current class will make a good impact...have to keep these guys solid and and another good piece or two.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is the first time I remember our D getting schooled by a team with zero playmakers. It was painful to watch. Usually there's someone you could point to that killed us. Ole Miss had nobody.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Vad Lee is not an option quarterback and will never excel in that situation. His reactions are not quick enough, and he is indecisive in the option system. There are two options, either replace Vad Lee with someone quicker and more decisive, or change the system to suit the talents of Vad. If this is not done, the results will be the same. This is not Vad's fault, it is the fault of the coach; square peg in round hole.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
We finished as we played.EVERY favorite over us beat us.We were lucky this wasn't worse in score.
Having the 50th rated recruit classes will continue to show up worse next yr with our best players gone.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just home from the game, not happy, very aggravated with the play calling, lack of execution and the general lack of leadership. I will not be watching the game for a day or two but right now just very, very disappointed with the coaching and the team today.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think Ole Miss was the better team...period. We still had a shot but that's all woulda coulda...if they'd hit those field goals it's not even close at the end.
We lack the 1-8 players and it showed.
Vad is maddeningly inconsistent...beautiful one play and horrid the next. Not nearly as poised as he needs to be play to play. Have been unimpressed with his ability to run the option...impressed at times with his throws but doesn't seen to grasp the offense as well as I'd expect at this point in his career. Maybe the light will turn on but I currently favor seeing more if JT. At least splitting time though I know that would hamper vad's further development.
We need SOMEONE to fill sneezy's vacancy (huge concern)

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I was disappointed in the backfield blocking that exposed Lee to a fast rush and I also questioned some of the play calling/execution, especially on the razzle dazzle that resulted in a safety. It didn't help that Miss actually benefited from a delay penalty. But to the positive side, our guys played with a ton of heart and if they continue doing that all through next season, some good things are gonna happen. Another thing to look forward to is that the sophomore jinx will be over for Vad. His long touchdown pass to Waller was a thing of beauty. He has shown that given a little time to throw, he can lay the ball right in there. Now if he will just work on the option and QB keeper during the off season....
5 for 17

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I will have to respectfully disagree with you.
Those better players will have to have experienced this type of to in high school. There just isn't enough of it around now. Paul needs to get his Of to match his Qb's ability and what the qb did in hs. !

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
When Paul got here he turned an irrelevant team to being relevant. Now we're right back to where we began. Even with all the restrictions the city of Atlanta should be a big enough draw for student athletes in my opinion to be a 8-9 win team every year. I just don't think Paul can do it like I did in the beginning. He doesn't seem to get recruiting and today's athletes. A Navy and Tech recruit are very different.