1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

That's A Wrap...

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by gtg936g, Dec 30, 2013.

1. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

7-6 for the season, a very dissapointing end for our seniors.

I have to watch this one again, but my first impression is we executed very poorly.

2. ramblin_man

ramblin_man Helluva Engineer

Tough tough tough loss. Bad taste in our mouth for the off season. OL really needs work!

bat_082994 likes this.
  3. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Yeah that one hurt. Another 7 win year sucks.

Need to finish this recruiting year strong.

4. ramblin_man

ramblin_man Helluva Engineer

Surprised that the reporter said that CPJ said the results of this game wouldn't impact/effect recruiting! Eric what was the logic on the timing of the last play that resulted in a safety? How will he defend/justify that call?

5. pckl300

pckl300 Jolly Good Fellow

Shades of the Orange Bowl on that safety. We seized all the momentum in that game and threw it away on two plays. Why would he call a reverse when he just saw that theirs didn't work? There was no need for such a gamble. The passing and running were working fine in the 4th quarter.

6. gtdrew

gtdrew Banned

From an x-o standpoint, im sure he'd say he called because he thought the defense was over-persuing and they thought they could get it blocked. It was in the WAY wrong part of the field for that call, however...

7. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

It did not look like we could get a hat on their LBs all night.

8. GTFan62

GTFan62 Ramblin' Wreck

There definitely needs to be changes in O-line coaching for next year. They haven't been able to block, Vad doesn't look like an option quarterback.

9. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

FWIW on the reverse:

10. Essobee

Essobee Helluva Engineer

I was disappointed in the backfield blocking that exposed Lee to a fast rush and I also questioned some of the play calling/execution, especially on the razzle dazzle that resulted in a safety. It didn't help that Miss actually benefited from a delay penalty. But to the positive side, our guys played with a ton of heart and if they continue doing that all through next season, some good things are gonna happen. Another thing to look forward to is that the sophomore jinx will be over for Vad. His long touchdown pass to Waller was a thing of beauty. He has shown that given a little time to throw, he can lay the ball right in there. Now if he will just work on the option and QB keeper during the off season....

11. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

I bet there will be some flips before signing date.

12. stpetewreck

stpetewreck Jolly Good Fellow

Very gut-wrenching. The hardest part for me to swallow was that (except for the int, 1-play 72 yard td pass) we just couldn't get it together on both sides of the ball, in tandem, to play with any momentum.

And I agree, watching David Sims get repeatedly whipped was frustrating. Just another cog in the chain of events making Vad back pedal and throw off his back foot.

13. Mack

Mack Helluva Engineer

AGree with you neither side did all that well but we made ton of mistakes........oh well now the heat on PJ is turned up

14. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

Post-game presser:
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/gtathletics/13123001.mp3

Let me take a quick second here to remind everyone that personal attacks are not allowed. You think someone missed a play or two or five? Critical comment about those plays are fine. If you make a comment solely against the person that made those mistakes, that's when it becomes a personal attack.

And please, no trolling. :bored:

poodleface likes this.
  15. jzgt22

jzgt22 Helluva Engineer

In the offensive line's defense there were several times when Vad continued to retreat rather than stepping up in the pocket and making a good throw. Those back foot throws kill us. That's not to say that the line executed well, but Vad could have helped the pass protection in that regard.

Pj4prez01 likes this.
  16. Mack

Mack Helluva Engineer

Agree with you.He may be pushed next yr.

17. stpetewreck

stpetewreck Jolly Good Fellow

I think Jeremiah had a sack (not solo) along with the help of Gotsis. Does this count towards Attaochu's sack record? Would this put him in the lead at GT for sacks?

18. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

Yep

19. Boss Ross

Boss Ross Ramblin' Wreck

My first post on this site not cutting anyone down but folks there is nothing wrong with CPJ except he just needs BETTER PLAYERS !!!

20. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Well. My take on the game is that the team with the best football players won the game. That is usually what happens.

Eric is correct, need to finish this recruiting on the upswing.