That was a horrible broadcast

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
How does raycom still operate??? Are the a subsidy of a bigger program??? Like what keeps them afloat

I'm pretty sure that Swofford's kid works for them.

They do help make sure every ACC is on TV. I'll also say the broadcast was pretty bad. I know it's hard to follow the ball with us, but there were times where they weren't even showing the game as play was going on. If you can't get that part of the game right, don't try to get fancy cutting away from the game.

I think they had an extra game this week, which led to needing a 3rd crew.

And I think Andy works for IMG, not GT. We've been pretty flexible allowing guys to develop their skills, and I think that's what allowed us to keep Wes for as long as we did and has gotten a lot of the up and coming radio voice talent.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
During almost every Doc Walker game on Raycom he would throw out some “crazy mutant cyborg “ or other off the wall things that would make me cringe.
He liked to say things like "running like a caveman" or something like that. It was unique, if nothing else.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I still can’t believe that they didn’t realize the TO fumbled the snap on the 4th down try. Kept saying look how fast the d got there, like they knew the snap count. Oliver couldn’t even take a step back. Etc. Just sad.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
The whole production was a mess, by far the worst I can recall. Couldn’t draw a box around the red zone correctly. Almost zero replays and very little commentary on what was actually going on on the field. We were watching with rabbit ears so couldn’t pause to synch game with radio like we do for espn games.

Seems like production costs could be cut and quality improved by simulcasting the radio call with the tv image and just eliminate the talking heads.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
My favorite was the camera person and technical director's unflinching belief that Nathan Cottrell was a black guy sitting on the bench.

They keep talking about how fast he is....that MUST be him.
Ha! I saw that and said, damn I thought Cottrell was white ! They confused me. Even my wife who walked into the room for about 10 seconds said the announcers are terrible.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
And why can't any announcers be bothered to know anything about our offense? Everything is the TO. The Zone Option is called a QB Follow because they look a tiny bit alike. They don't even seem to know about the mid-line. I mean, it's their job...a little effort, please?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
During almost every Doc Walker game on Raycom he would throw out some “crazy mutant cyborg “ or other off the wall things that would make me cringe.
I think it was our game at UVA several years ago - where we beat their tail in the rain - where he called one of the Cavs a "cyborg" and then later said of someone "he's playing winning football," even though we were up by three touchdowns. I guess the rest of his team wasn't playing winning football.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I just turned the sound off and enjoyed the game. But the person spotting the distance and downs must have been texting throughout the game as they were horrible.
I sound off most of the game but entire production was garbage. On multiple penalties and unclear calls I was unsure what happened and there was no replay. When the sound was on they didn’t bother discussing the calls on the field for some odd reason.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The whole production was a mess, by far the worst I can recall. Couldn’t draw a box around the red zone correctly. Almost zero replays and very little commentary on what was actually going on on the field. We were watching with rabbit ears so couldn’t pause to synch game with radio like we do for espn games.

Seems like production costs could be cut and quality improved by simulcasting the radio call with the tv image and just eliminate the talking heads.

I thought that the red zone had been changed to the 18 Yard line!!! That was strange as it jostled around... That crew has a lot of improvement in their future if they are to hang around.