That was a horrible broadcast

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I had no idea Andy was also doing Bulls games for wgn on the side. Does our gig really not pay enough to warrant a full time job? I may be late to the party but I saw him and Stacey king calling a game earlier this week which was really weird to me
I might be very wrong but I think Andy's contract is with IMG Sports not with the GTAA. So I think when IMG has other things they need to move him to it's part of his contract.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
During last week's ESPN broadcast and again during today's broadcast, it seemed that the sideline reporters were essentially the VT and UNC sideline reporters, respectively. (I don't recall a single update made from the GT sideline in either game.)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
During last week's ESPN broadcast and again during today's broadcast, it seemed that the sideline reporters were essentially the VT and UNC sideline reporters, respectively. (I don't recall a single update made from the GT sideline in either game.)

There was one going on when Tariq caught the interception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
There was one going on when Tariq caught the interception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was funny, she didn’t even finish her commentary because of how fast it happened. It also had a little bit to do with the coverage not going to the play in time for about the 4th time today.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Listen to the GT IMG Sports Network while watching the game on TV;)
i did, even though the radio broadcast was anywhere from a play to two plays ahead of my tv feed - had to watch on espn extra feeds before that froze and I had to go to watchespn.com. Nobody down here was carrying the game
Spikes was Doc Walker-level bad.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
How does raycom still operate??? Are the a subsidy of a bigger program??? Like what keeps them afloat

Raycom has been bought by Gray Communications (deal not finalized - lawyers are batting the language back and forth, from what I have been told). At least the TV stations were. Don't know if that extends to Raycom Sports, but I think it does.
Maybe when the ACC Network debuts on ESPN next year, all this will be moot. Rather than hitting the mute, which I did on this broadcast.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I had no idea Andy was also doing Bulls games for wgn on the side. Does our gig really not pay enough to warrant a full time job? I may be late to the party but I saw him and Stacey king calling a game earlier this week which was really weird to me

Not too terribly out of the ordinary. Jason Benotti, who called a couple of our games on ESPN last year, also does white sox games. A lot of pro baseball guys will do football once their teams are done with.
Doesn't Demetra also do Tech hoops? He might have just been a fill in for the Bulls game.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
i did, even though the radio broadcast was anywhere from a play to two plays ahead of my tv feed - had to watch on espn extra feeds before that froze and I had to go to watchespn.com. Nobody down here was carrying the game
Spikes was Doc Walker-level bad.

During almost every Doc Walker game on Raycom he would throw out some “crazy mutant cyborg “ or other off the wall things that would make me cringe.

Lee34102

Georgia Tech Fan
Something that struck me about Spikes was that he seemed to have a cheat sheet of catch-phrases in front of him, my favorite being something along the lines of "He's a grass cutter" after a GT run....