That should be Geoff’s last game as head coach

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
That would be a short negotiating then.
I honestly don't think so. Geoff would think by some magic he can turn things around. He would never agree to reduce his payout. Thus why I think the payout has to remain the same as it would at the conclusion of the season. I just think for the morale of the players first and fanbase second, this can't continue.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don't think so. Geoff would think by some magic he can turn things around. He would never agree to reduce his payout. Thus why I think the payout has to remain the same as it would at the conclusion of the season. I just think for the morale of the players first and fanbase second, this can't continue.

What? The two bolded lines contradict each other. Firing him now with the same amount from the end of the season is a reduced payout. He has no reason to do that, especially if he thinks he can turn it around.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
That was pre-Kirby. Richt was an awful coach at an easy-to-win at program. His 8 and 9 win seasons would be 4 and 5 win seasons at GT if he were our coach. No excuse not winning SEC championships, competing yearly with Bama and NC when you have a top 5 recruiting class EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Kirby is a good coach, leader and recruiter (or at least he hires the right personnel/coaches around him to get it done). We have no shot of beating UGA until Kirby is gone, which might be 10, 20 or 30 years.
You’re right but Paul did actually beat kirby in Kirby’s first year

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
You’re right but Paul did actually beat kirby in Kirby’s first year
So did Tennessee and Vandy. Since that year Kirby and UGA are 13-0 against Tech, Vandy, and Tennessee and have a +432 point margin in those 13 games. That’s an average margin of victory of 33.2 points.

Georgia is quite literally a different machine now than they’ve ever been at any point in their history. Even more so than the Herschel years. They’re about to go on a run like Bama has been on for the last decade+.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
That was pre-Kirby. Richt was an awful coach at an easy-to-win at program. His 8 and 9 win seasons would be 4 and 5 win seasons at GT if he were our coach. No excuse not winning SEC championships, competing yearly with Bama and NC when you have a top 5 recruiting class EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Kirby is a good coach, leader and recruiter (or at least he hires the right personnel/coaches around him to get it done). We have no shot of beating UGA until Kirby is gone, which might be 10, 20 or 30 years.
Richt was a good coach. At UGA, he finished in the AP top 10 seven times between 2001 and 2015. I think we only beat him three times during his tenure. He is also the second winningest coach in UGA history.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Richt was a good coach. At UGA, he finished in the AP top 10 seven times between 2001 and 2015. I think we only beat him three times during his tenure. He is also the second winningest coach in UGA history.
I think the main difference in the competition isn't what happened at Ugag, but what happened at Tech. During all the Richt years we mostly had close games with Georgia, under both Chan and Paul. It is Tech's program that has lost the competitive edge, not Georgia's that has gained it. Kirby is a better coach then Richt, but just barely. But … he is on another planet from Collins. The damage done to Tech's program in the last 4 years is going to e very, very hard to repair.

Oth, Tech has repaired its program in the past and, imho, will do it again.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
This program is sad. I don’t know what to say. Coaching is horrible. These players have given up on the staff, with confrence realignment a demotion is right on our tails, we are a joke of a program. Coaches promote that competition is king and then fail to play our best players every week, it’s getting to the point where every single part of the team is bad, last year our offense was decent, and the run game was great, we lose Gibbs Amerson and Griffin and here we are know with an offense that can’t score 40+ points against a FCS team. It’s hard to admit, but we are arguably only better than Colorado, usf, and maybe Nebraska, we are the bottom feaders of the FBS and have a bad reputation with this generation of players, recruiting will suffer, this is the end, maybe I’m overreacting but WE NEED an incredible coach to turn us around and put us in the top 25 consistently

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This program is sad. I don’t know what to say. Coaching is horrible. These players have given up on the staff, with confrence realignment a demotion is right on our tails, we are a joke of a program. Coaches promote that competition is king and then fail to play our best players every week, it’s getting to the point where every single part of the team is bad, last year our offense was decent, and the run game was great, we lose Gibbs Amerson and Griffin and here we are know with an offense that can’t score 40+ points against a FCS team. It’s hard to admit, but we are arguably only better than Colorado, usf, and maybe Nebraska, we are the bottom feaders of the FBS and have a bad reputation with this generation of players, recruiting will suffer, this is the end, maybe I’m overreacting but WE NEED an incredible coach to turn us around and put us in the top 25 consistently
Huh...I, for one, am stunned. The clarity and relevance of this post is a breath of fresh air as (far as I know) none of us had thought of these things. This is a wake up call to all who would call themselves fans. Thanks for sharing this.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Huh...I, for one, am stunned. The clarity and relevance of this post is a breath of fresh air as (far as I know) none of us had thought of these things. This is a wake up call to all who would call themselves fans. Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks for your sarcasm 🙄 I don’t know man I’m mad, it was a post made with anger

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Not that we need another thread on this. But it's a catch 22.
We need the fan base to rally behind the players , but our fanbase is so fragile that having multiple down years = destruction of the base and apathy.

I feel more for the players than us, the ones that bought in to Collins.

There was a point where the program had a chance to right the ship and that was last season. The donors had the money to get rid of collins but it was spent on staffing changes other than him .

Now granted those changes looked good on paper and yeah we're only 3 games in. But we've seen this exact scenario for the past 3 other seasons . At this point it's beyond "fixing mistakes" "playing at a high level" "elite" or what ever you want to call it.

The damage is done until we find a better coach and possibly a better AD. Collins owes it to the kids, and the fans to admit when it's not working part ways . Even if by some miracle we turn this around this season there is zero.excuse for another home blowout.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thanks for your sarcasm 🙄 I don’t know man I’m mad, it was a post made with anger
Totally understand your point of view. I was at the game yesterday. Afterwards, talked to many, many fans filing out of the stadium, at a restaurant and bar last night, in the hotel lobby and restaurant this morning.....there was not one single person that felt like a change wasn't needed. I have never felt such sense of unity and purpose (maybe with Bill Lewis mistake was possibly similar) amongst the many people I chatted with. And I appreciate your grace in handling sarcasm as well.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As was said in No Country for Old Men, "It's not the one thing". We didn't get here by accident
You get bonus points for quoting Cormac McCarty an NCFOM. Great book and author.

“I think by the time you're grown you're as happy as you're goin to be. You'll have good times and bad times, but in the end you'll be about as happy as you was before. Or as unhappy. I've knowed people that just never did get the hang of it.

― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Sh**t. USF would beat us by three TDs right now

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So did Tennessee and Vandy. Since that year Kirby and UGA are 13-0 against Tech, Vandy, and Tennessee and have a +432 point margin in those 13 games. That’s an average margin of victory of 33.2 points.

Georgia is quite literally a different machine now than they’ve ever been at any point in their history. Even more so than the Herschel years. They’re about to go on a run like Bama has been on for the last decade+.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think the main difference in the competition isn't what happened at Ugag, but what happened at Tech. During all the Richt years we mostly had close games with Georgia, under both Chan and Paul. It is Tech's program that has lost the competitive edge, not Georgia's that has gained it. Kirby is a better coach then Richt, but just barely. But … he is on another planet from Collins. The damage done to Tech's program in the last 4 years is going to e very, very hard to repair.

Oth, Tech has repaired its program in the past and, imho, will do it again.
It took Curry about four long years to get to a respectable program that teams began to fear again. It may take longer this time. Geoff has fattened his bank account but just about trashed this program down to Vanderbilt and Tulane levels. It is going to be a long haul for whoever is the next coach.