That should be Geoff’s last game as head coach

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We may not win another game this year. 😐
I think the one thing that was clear by the middle of the 3rd quarter is that Collins has lost the team. There's no reason to allow them to go through another season with him. If we do that, a good number of the players will transfer. Including all the ones who have anything like a chance at a further career.

Fire him. NOW.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We didn’t fire him after losing the last 2 games 100–0 last year. We aren’t firing him now either. Embrace the suck, like Moses wandering through the desert; this is gonna take a while and it’s gonna be a bad time.
The Brits call this a "council of despair". We should not pay attnetion to it.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The Brits call this a "council of despair". We should not pay attnetion to it.
I hope im wrong, but they want that 3 million. They want it so bad they let a coach on a 6 game losing streak, with back to back shutout blowout losses remain head coach.
What’s another blowout shutout?

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the one thing that was clear by the middle of the 3rd quarter is that Collins has lost the team. There's no reason to allow them to go through another season with him. If we do that, a good number of the players will transfer. Including all the ones who have anything like a chance at a further career.

Fire him. NOW.
Was exactly the Nebraska situation but their local media kept it quiet

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck

Fire him. NOW.
Can you blame them? I tried to optimistic coming into the season. But product has been bad. Worst was when he pulled that weak s** at the end of the first half in the Clemson game. Basically told his players he had no confidence in them and same to the fans. If he doesn't believe and fans don't believe, why would the players?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Can you blame them? I tried to optimistic coming into the season. But product has been bad. Worst was when he pulled that weak s** at the end of the first half in the Clemson game. Basically told his players he had no confidence in them and same to the fans. If he doesn't believe and fans don't believe, why would the players?

This. ☝🏽

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I have hoped that Collins would somehow turn things around at some point because I wanted him, like any coach at tech, to succeed and the team to succeed. But this is over. And not even just the win/losses at this point it’s just that the program is dying.

Collins strong suit was supposed to be media and recruiting, which was the opposite of Paul pretty much and I think a lot of why he was hired. To be a national face of the program and generate a lot of buzz and recruiting. But recruiting will be nose diving now from a level of pretty mediocre the last couple of years. You can’t be a showman/salesman after 4 years of crap results. You have nothing to sell at this point. The excuses have run out.

I’ve never seen in my life of watching GA tech, which is a little over 30 years, the way we are now clowned on by announcers during games. It has been multiple games about how bad we are, how many mistakes we make, poor execution, etc. we have become a laughing stock nationally.

Players have checked out or tuned out at this point. You can tell by the comments from the players in the presser, especially daunte’s comments were very telling. I don’t blame all of our poor play on just Collins, guys have to make plays when they are there, and we don’t. On offense - sims is playing mediocre at best in his junior year and our OL is atrocious again for a 4th Straight year. On D- Too many missed tackles and missed sacks in the backfield. Lack team speed to make plays in space, especially QB scrambles.

Hopefully a change is made but for the program who is always broke and poor on resources/revenue not sure how we have the $ to fire him and hire another coach. It is now what it has been the last 3 seasons…when does basketball start?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I have hoped that Collins would somehow turn things around at some point because I wanted him, like any coach at tech, to succeed and the team to succeed. But this is over. And not even just the win/losses at this point it’s just that the program is dying.

Collins strong suit was supposed to be media and recruiting, which was the opposite of Paul pretty much and I think a lot of why he was hired. To be a national face of the program and generate a lot of buzz and recruiting. But recruiting will be nose diving now from a level of pretty mediocre the last couple of years. You can’t be a showman/salesman after 4 years of crap results. You have nothing to sell at this point. The excuses have run out.

I’ve never seen in my life of watching GA tech, which is a little over 30 years, the way we are now clowned on by announcers during games. It has been multiple games about how bad we are, how many mistakes we make, poor execution, etc. we have become a laughing stock nationally.

Players have checked out or tuned out at this point. You can tell by the comments from the players in the presser, especially daunte’s comments were very telling. I don’t blame all of our poor play on just Collins, guys have to make plays when they are there, and we don’t. On offense - sims is playing mediocre at best in his junior year and our OL is atrocious again for a 4th Straight year. On D- Too many missed tackles and missed sacks in the backfield. Lack team speed to make plays in space, especially QB scrambles.

Hopefully a change is made but for the program who is always broke and poor on resources/revenue not sure how we have the $ to fire him and hire another coach. It is now what it has been the last 3 seasons…when does basketball start?
☝🏽☝🏽

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow

Fire him. NOW.
It was clear that CGC lost the team when Gibbs and others transferred out AND talked about how he had lost control of the team.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the idea of effectively demoting him to keep him away from the team while trying to save money. Does anyone with contract knowledge know if this is even a possibility? If this was a possibility, I’d think it would be utilized more - such as for Nebraska for a month to save big money on Frost’s contract.

Waiting till the end of the season sends a message of not giving a damn about football. But so did keeping him after 2021 so perhaps this has all been a machiavellian scheme to get rid of football.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea of effectively demoting him to keep him away from the team while trying to save money. Does anyone with contract knowledge know if this is even a possibility? If this was a possibility, I’d think it would be utilized more - such as for Nebraska for a month to save big money on Frost’s contract.

Waiting till the end of the season sends a message of not giving a damn about football. But so did keeping him after 2021 so perhaps this has all been a machiavellian scheme to get rid of football.

Demoting him to save $s makes us look even cheaper than we are. When it’s over, it’s over.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It was clear that CGC lost the team when Gibbs and others transferred out AND talked about how he had lost control of the team.
After last year's last two games, I feared this team would be fragile if they faced adversity early on and now it's happened. I am afraid the kids have lost confidence in the coaches and are just going through the motions now. One reason to make a change now. Too bad we don't have a "just cause" reason to break his contract but he is an embarrassment to the program in other ways. The announcers were basically mocking him.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
After last year's last two games, I feared this team would be fragile if they faced adversity early on and now it's happened. I am afraid the kids have lost confidence in the coaches and are just going through the motions now. One reason to make a change now. Too bad we don't have a "just cause" reason to break his contract but he is an embarrassment to the program in other ways. The announcers were basically mocking him.

Great look for our program. Getting mocked on national tv. 😐

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Right about now, Geoff is getting that “see me in my office tomorrow morning” text from TS.

Hopefully.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Right about now, Geoff is getting that “see me in my office tomorrow morning” text from TS.

Hopefully.
Service is spotty downtown.... I suspect the text will go through in late November unfortunately.