Thacker and Tillman

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Have to guess that Sherrer will be the DC next Year. Wonder who Key and or Sherrer are looking at for the DB's
Idk, I kinda hope we just get a fresh start on defense. It feels like we are still stuck with a residual CGC effect on defense sometimes. Plus the current D staff is kinda hodge-podged together and I think it would be useful to start fresher and have everyone on a mostly similar page

slugboy

Staff member
The original story is from Football Scoop https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-georgia-tech-making-major-changes-to-defensive-staff

Not much to it, other than the DB coaches are gone. It’s surprising if you just looked at the performance of the different groups (though the DBs didn’t start great at run support this season).

I can’t read more into who stays and goes—other than that the last time Key fired someone he seemed to have replacements in mind.

EDIT: This is the second time in two days I’ve simultaneously posted the same link as someone else. JINX.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
That's probably why Depepe decommitted amongst the shakeup. Even though his coach wasn't affected. I'm sure any sort of hirings/firings near your unit make you uneasy as a croot

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We don't know yet what will happen after the bowl game either, we could see Sherrer let go we may not

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Idk, I kinda hope we just get a fresh start on defense. It feels like we are still stuck with a residual CGC effect on defense sometimes. Plus the current D staff is kinda hodge-podged together and I think it would be useful to start fresher and have everyone on a mostly similar page
I can understand, but would like to know what defense would run, Anyone know?

and thought it would happen after the bowl game.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow

1701995879076.png

Really....that guy?!?!?!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Yep, looking like we will do something similar with defense this year we did last year on offense. Add a few pieces to offense, many pieces to defense and we play for championship in '24?
Saw something somewhere indicated we're raising really big bucks for GTFB, don't know if it is real or not. As most know we're sitting on gold mine without self inflicted heavy duty restrictions.
Interesting times if you're a GTFB fan :) Feeling to me like we're getting ready to add some real potential to our player pool, we'll see.