Tennessee

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Forgot to add... I'm shocked that no one has mentioned that dime from Tadric on the fast break for the dunk. He left it for James White and the dunk and it was a thing of beauty.

I look at that 2 ways: 1. it was an unbelievable play at a pivotal time that resulted in a spectacular dunk, 2. it was a horrible play that happened to work out, why make that pass in traffic in a close game?

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hmmm... I always err on the side of making the play versus being flashy, and I didn't think that it was that high risk of a play really..

He hit the trailer on the fast break, he just did it with a little flare!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hmmm... I always err on the side of making the play versus being flashy, and I didn't think that it was that high risk of a play really..

He hit the trailer on the fast break, he just did it with a little flare!

I hear you. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that but that probably says more about me than about the play itself. :(

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just watched the highlights (see below). He actually left it for Nick Jacob who was trailing the play and it laid it in for the And-1.

Also, two other plays that stood out to me that I forgot to mention:

1. At the 1:03 mark, the block by James White on their Alley Oop attempt.
2. At the 0:52 mark, the shot-fake, two dribbles to the left, knock down the 18 fter from Adam Smith.

The shot block by White was just a super athletic play..Seems that he is good for one or two jaw dropping moments per game.

The move by Adam Smith was noteworthy just because we haven't seen anything that pretty around here from a guard in quite some time.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Forgot to add... I'm shocked that no one has mentioned that dime from Tadric on the fast break for the dunk. He left it for James White and the dunk and it was a thing of beauty.

I thought Tadric really played well during that pivotal run when we were down 9. He's dialed the shot selection down a bit, still some work to do, but he is at his best when he plays under control... Great passer.

Also, what about the put-back dunk from James White that was waved off because of the foul underneath the basket?

That whole fast break I was yelling "slow down! SLOW THE F*** DOWN"

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

I thought Tadric really played well during that pivotal run when we were down 9. He's dialed the shot selection down a bit, still some work to do, but he is at his best when he plays under control... Great passer.

Also, what about the put-back dunk from James White that was waved off because of the foul underneath the basket?
I think Chuck Mitchell's breakaway take-off from the foul line deserves its own thread :LOL::cry:

If I'm his teammate I'm finding a way to .gif that.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Chuck has a great demeanor. I'd be worried it would affect the psyche of other players. He just accepted that he looked foolish.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I did like how he faked the injury after it...once the embarrassment wore off he started laughing.

slugboy

Staff member
I'd estimate there were ~600 students there? Bad timing for a game on a Monday night and busiest week of the year for most students

Total attendance was only 5467 according to KQ and he claims about half were Vols fans, although I'd say it wasn't quite that high. Maybe closer to a third? With the way Vols fans travel, when theres only 5000 total fans in the arena, obviously a high percentage of them are going to be Vols fans.

Guess we'll need to string some more wins together before people start coming back. No reason the arena should have been only half full last night :(

Might need to string together YEARS of wins to get people back. People have gotten anesthetized to GT hoops.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Might need to string together YEARS of wins to get people back. People have gotten anesthetized to GT hoops.

This is kinda sorta the case for me personally. (Hate me if you must.) I still will watch them and root for them and may get to a couple of games this year, but haven't thought twice about resuming my season ticket purchase until I can see a brighter outlook for the program beyond one year (this one) where people say we *might* be a bubble team. And almost universally everyone expects next year to be worse (for sound logical reasons).

Signing a really big name recruit would have helped considerably...but that does not appear to be who we are anymore in basketball.