Tennessee

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In their 82-78 win over UNC-A, 31 points came from their Senior guard Kevin Punter. The Bulldogs outrebounded the Vols 36-33 despite not having a starter above 6' 6". As @dtm1997 pointed out a big man was unavailable for the Vols, but it still makes me wonder.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400830681

GT did what they were supposed to do against a bad Cornell team - run them off the floor. That is encouraging after what we saw offensively last year.

With that in mind it's not surprising that we're favored by 4 at home.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

What are your expectations for Monday night?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cory Alexander has done a solid job calling our games in the past.

UTK is already in town.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Given the recent history of our basketball teams, nothing would surprise me.

You mean the history of GT sports in general, don't you?

And I agree. We could win by 20 or lose by 20 and I don't think I would be shocked by either. Although recent history suggests it will be a heart-wrenching outcome one way or the other.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We already have a W over Tennessee this year

image.jpeg

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have high hopes. Was doing a bunch of the honey-do items on my list during the Cornell game, but listened to hear the game live.

It sounded like the players got after it offensively, and that there is a good amount of work left to be done on the defensive side of the ball. CBG normally has relatively strong D effort from the guys so I am hoping we can clean that up. Will be watching (without interruption) tonight.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I'll be watching too.

I am more excited about this season than any other since CBG has been our coach. It looks like we made some changes in the off-season to address some of the known weaknesses.

The last time the team came out and showed me this type of transition offense in the early season was 2003/4 when we outran a top ranked UConn team in December.

/