Tell me this isn't true - Byerly injury

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I heard that Byerly tore his knee up in practice. Can anyone confirm or hopefully deny this report?

I don't like starting rumors, but my stomach sank when I heard and I had to find out if anybody else has heard anything. Outside of JT and possibly Burden, Tim is the last guy we can afford to lose on offense.

If this is inappropriate, please remove it.

Declinometer

Banned
I heard that Byerly tore his knee up in practice. Can anyone confirm or hopefully deny this report?

I don't like starting rumors, but my stomach sank when I heard and I had to find out if anybody else has heard anything. Outside of JT and possibly Burden, Tim is the last guy we can afford to lose on offense.

If this is inappropriate, please remove it.
Where did u hear?

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
@Longestday is that you on Rivals asking about this? Noticed the topic on their paid message board. I'm not a member but still curious if you got an answer.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
It was from family. He said they stopped practice because of it. I'm guessing he knows someone inside the program, but not sure. The text I got was unprovoked and we usually only text about GT football. He is a diehard fan and wouldn't just make something like this up. That's why I wanted to see if anyone connected had any information on it. Hopefully it is all a big misunderstanding.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Not looking good guys after number 1, I think we will see some more movement from A back to QB

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Will christian Campbell's RS be lifted?

If Byerly is out for an extended time I would think so. We could move Jordan back, but based on him not even getting the third string snaps at QB against Alcorn, I don't think it'd be a great idea. I get the feeling the coaches are fairly certain Jordan's career here isn't at QB. Usually you'd like to save a shirt, but I think opportunity to get experience as the back up is worth burning the redshirt this year. Keep in mind if it's a season ending injury, it would still be possible for Byerly to get another year correct? If Byerly can come back healthy there is always the option of redshirting Campbell next year.