Tech vs Va postgame

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We're playing in Sanford & Son stadium. SEC refs. Not likely to get the calls, especially if they think uga has a chance to be one of the 4. Won't necessarily be intentional, but maybe subconscious. There'll be a lot of pressure on the refs to not hurt uga's chances with questionable calls.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Oof that was bad, but we were due for some breaks after being on the losing end of them the past two seasons.

We really need to do something about S&C, it was like we were JV against the varsity. Their receivers were running through us and it was taking half our D to stop their guys and they were still churning their legs. Bronco is going to resurrect that program and he's doing it the right way with his strength program. I hope their QB is ok.

Jalen Camp needs a good chewing out after that low effort TD miss. Just awful effort when we needed it most.
I remember Clinton running through one of their linebackers on a critical 3rd down in crunch time. Our boys never gave up, never stopped fighting while being overmatched physically and that was the true difference in the game. Ugly, beautiful win! Not sure why so many of our own “fans” are trying to diminish this victory. SMH.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Really, we should have won USF and Pitt, so I will take this one that feels like we were not the better team. If we played PITT 10 times, we would beat them 8. If we played UVA 10 times, we might be lucky to win 3, based on what I saw tonight.
Being the best team on that day is preferable to being the best team!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Your last sentence... totally agree. That should have been a TD and it looked like he gave about 20% effort on that.

But for those of you that think this isn't a nice win... what's the big deal? The team is 7-4 (and should be 8-3) and that was a really talented Virginia team they beat tonight.

There is going to be some really good hype about these guys coming into next season with all the young players and great talent around.

Any year that we manage to beat Virginia, UNC, Virginia Tech and most importantly Miami is an outstanding job by our players and coaches. It is only 7-4 but this team showed real character winning this game tonight. This is the kind of game that I remember watching Tech win regularly under Dodd: Defense, sound kicking, a special teams play here and there with a long drive or two and all of a sudden they beat Tennessee, Auburn, or UGA and the other fans are gripping about Dodd Luck and such. Incidentally, on the Virginia board their fans are in an uproar about what they considered poor play calling by the offensive coordinator in the fourth quarter. Personally, I think Perkins did the fake spike thing on his own and it was not a called play but perhaps it was. They also were complaining about not getting the ball on the left hash mark because their kicker struggles from the right one. Given how that kick went, they may have a point.

Milwaukee

Banned
Some UVA perspective:

"Painful loss that I hope doesn't carry into next Friday. GT needed like 5 miracles to occur to win the game and they all did. Safety. Punt return for TD. Two 2-point conversions. One reception on the whole game, but it was a miracle lay-out blind catch for 37 yards on a 3rd and 6 on a drive that ultimately ended in a FG. Dubois was then in la la land when Perkins faked the spike. Should have been a game winning TD. Hell, their winning field goal hit the damn upright but bounced inward. Then there was the obvious missed false start against UVA that if had been called would have moved us back 5 yards and given us a clean second attempt to send the game to second round of overtime."

This one here made me laugh: "I still can’t get over the kicker damn near missing the end zone wide left with his attempt. If the posts were twice as wide he would’ve missed it"

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anybody else get the impression that Bronco talked the refs out of calling the false start because of his reaction to the previous one?
I was right behind the ref. He reached into his pocket to pull the flag and then stopped. It was definitely movement and he saw it but opted to not make a call. Not sure of his motives but I have my cynical theories.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
There were a LOT of no calls during that game. The one that I remember most going in our favor was a clear roughing the passer on Brant on their opening drive of 2nd half. But most of the others (holding, facemask, etc.) I saw against them. Of course I might be a bit biased. I like letting 'em play, but that was too much.