Tech vs Va postgame

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Great game! Our players never quit. UVA has a nasty D. We had to get nasty in the trenches with them. We found a way to pull it out! Wells is a beast!

I honestly still dont like CPJ, but he made all the right moves today. He coached a great game. The offense had trouble finishing drives, but that had more to do with UVA's defense than his playcalling. He made the right decisions between TQM and TO.

He has more than earned the right to be our coach.

Bring on the mutts!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Oof that was bad, but we were due for some breaks after being on the losing end of them the past two seasons.

We really need to do something about S&C, it was like we were JV against the varsity. Their receivers were running through us and it was taking half our D to stop their guys and they were still churning their legs. Bronco is going to resurrect that program and he's doing it the right way with his strength program. I hope their QB is ok.

Jalen Camp needs a good chewing out after that low effort TD miss. Just awful effort when we needed it most.
Are you ****ing kidding me? That was a defensive holding and a pass interferences. Absolutely inexcusable no call.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Oof that was bad, but we were due for some breaks after being on the losing end of them the past two seasons.

We really need to do something about S&C, it was like we were JV against the varsity. Their receivers were running through us and it was taking half our D to stop their guys and they were still churning their legs. Bronco is going to resurrect that program and he's doing it the right way with his strength program. I hope their QB is ok.

Jalen Camp needs a good chewing out after that low effort TD miss. Just awful effort when we needed it most.

He was pretty clearly held, and I think he just assumed he'd get the flag. No excuse.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I loved the interview with Brad at the end - it was genuinely heart-warming stuff. There are definitely a lot of seniors on the team - including TaQuan, Anree, Johnson, etc. - who deserve credit for sticking with it when things got tough!

Brad hasn't caught many this year (in this offense), but it seems like every one was a tough catch and a really important one. He's caught everything thrown anywhere near him.

slugboy

Staff member
UVA played with a lot of guts. I was surprised their QB came back. Their thin DL fought tough all game.their DBs were some of the better ones I saw this year. They stoned us on fourth and one.
On a day when we weren’t hitting passes, the one we did make was huge. We got the first safety I’ve seen in I don’t know how long.
Almost everyone dirty and banged up. Howard had the logo knocked off of his helmet.
We got lucky a couple of times. But we held onto the ball and the ballgame and eked one out. We guaranteed a winning record.
Nice job boys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He was pretty clearly held, and I think he just assumed he'd get the flag. No excuse.
Looked like Townshend? the Virginia defensive back got caught peeking a bit into the backfield and Camp just about ran by him when he reached out and just gave him that you know... the little now you see it now you don't grab to slow Camp down. I am not a t all sure that this was a low effort play on Jalen's part as much as it was inexperience in allowing the DB to get away with such a cheap trick.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Are you ****ing kidding me? That was a defensive holding and a pass interferences. Absolutely inexcusable no call.

It was definitely defensive holding for sure on that last one. Not sure on the earlier one where it looked like TQM through it too much toward the middle of the field.

With that said, either Jalen is very, very slow for a WR, or he jogs sometimes. I believe it is the first. Brad's diving catch was amazing.....

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We got to overtime by making 2 2pt conversions. UVA really did a good job slowing down our offense, but our guys made some clutch plays.
Their backside safety was a heat seeking missile all game. They dared us to pass, and we hit the one we needed to help secure a drive. Hopefully the next refs throw the flags next week when our WR get held.