TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't see the call as bad. You have to teach the qb to throw it away if it's not open. I got the feeling that both aof our QB's. one coming from the MAC and the other from HS, under estimated the speed of the Miami CB's and safeties. I think both of them thought that throws were open that weren't (and would have been for both of them last year).

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I don't see the call as bad. You have to teach the qb to throw it away if it's not open. I got the feeling that both aof our QB's. one coming from the MAC and the other from HS, under estimated the speed of the Miami CB's and safeties. I think both of them thought that throws were open that weren't (and would have been for both of them last year).
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like the pass was just underthrown. If Pyron leads the receiver and throws it down the sideline, he had plenty enough separation to go get it and score.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Poor effort all around. We have lost any semblance of home-field advantage, instead, I think it is a disadvantage. We play better on the road. This is a game, just like the Virginia game, that was there for the taking. It was going to go to the team that wanted it the most. I just don't think we have enough guys that actually give a damn about winning. Once again, I wasted 4 hours of my life sitting in front of the television hoping that something would be worth the time. I wish I didn't care and could just move on to something more productive in life, but alas, I am hooked like a junkie who knows he is just shortening his life but can't quit the habit.

Well, 4 and 6 and most probably 4 and 8 when the year comes to a close. 2022 is another forgettable year of Georgia Tech football.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This sucks. It pretty much kills any chance Tech had to make the CFB playoffs. It's like the coaches don't care.

<sigh>

Folks, we suck. Yet, we go have had a better year than Texas A&M with 100x our resources. The sun will come out tomorrow and ADJB will hire a coach. Let's just stay engaged.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not to be the positive guy around here (ha) but improvement isn’t far away. Get in a competent staff is #1 priority of course. The good news is there are a ton, and I mean a ton, of good high school football players in this country (and state). Sure, the new staff won’t be getting the 5* guys and they probably won’t get many 4* until they prove they can coach. But there are lots of good football players out there to get. A solid staff can build up from where we are fairly quickly. We just watched the previous guys hand picked players get smoked because they are slow and weak (but they are tall, long, and weigh enough per his standards). We have 1 WR who can get separation - that’s it. We have big OLinemen who can’t move - easily fixable by signing the good athletes they see on tape and not just the biggest kid on his team. The previous guy was just so wrong in his player assessments (influenced by high school coaches who he wanted to like him) that we have a roster of players who aren’t starters minus a few. The next staff can quickly get us to mediocre to average.

kalld12

Banned
So no one is going to talk about how #2 just let the defender pick the ball off? Kid should not have been in the game after that, but we are Tech after all where we allow undisciplined athletes continue to play after f up after f up. Agree the play call was trash, why not line up in the gun and take a long shot? Why didn’t we take one all game with man coverage? Did you guys watch the same game I did? I was at the game, play calling was atrocious and many fans near me were shaking their heads and saying the same thing. Time to move on!

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am picking at nits here but we embarked 4 years ago, maybe more.

william wyler drama GIF by Turner Classic Movies

It does feel like it's been a while for shore leave.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So no one is going to talk about how #2 just let the defender pick the ball off? Kid should not have been in the game after that, but we are Tech after all where we allow undisciplined athletes continue to play after f up after f up. Agree the play call was trash, why not line up in the gun and take a long shot? Why didn’t we take one all game with man coverage? Did you guys watch the same game I did? I was at the game, play calling was atrocious and many fans near me were shaking their heads and saying the same thing. Time to move on!
It's now obvious why CL was let go at ND and Tulane. He probably was best we could do with the state of the program and Collins with one foot out the door. I don't have much sympathy for these guys. They get paid a lot of money even when they aren't very good.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like the pass was just underthrown. If Pyron leads the receiver and throws it down the sideline, he had plenty enough separation to go get it and score.
This^^^
Looked definitely under thrown with too much air. Looked like something I would throw with my weakass arm. It didn't help that it appeared the Leonard seemed to just be flat-footed trying to get back to the ball or break up the interception.