Tech vs. Louisville

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Someone should write up how the money line and other parts of the spread work in the College and Pro Sports forum
You can Google or Bing that in your browser. Vice cannot prosecute you for a search. Actually in the State of Ga.(where I reside), it’s not illegal to make a bet or become a player. The Bookie/Bookmaker who takes the wager, becomes prosecutable. That’s why they get a vig or “juice” with each pick/gamble. The price for doing the choosing or making the wager. Yes, it’s taxable income over $600.00

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Fi

Jimbo Fisher reminds me of Gene Chizik. They had beast QB’s to win NC’s
Maybe if you take no nuance to the comparison. Gene chizik was garbage every other year he was coach. Jimbo went 82-23 at fsu and won an orange bowl at A&M. Sure he’s underperformed at A&M but chizik is undoubtedly worse

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else getting nervous yet?? I keep getting the thought of us losing.

Man that guy before Key really f***Ed my head/fandom up
CGC taught me not to fear losing. I am now totally desensitized. My body has developed massive levels of antibodies from the persistent pain of humiliating defeats. I am impervious to losing.

With Key we can look forward to no longer being an embarrassment. Winning will just be icing on the cake.

Have no fear.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not really. 100% of everything is paid for them. They have a guaranteed job and career path coming out of the Academy. These guys are just a breed apart.
It's a choice a lot of athletes don't consider. My best friend from high school played at West Point. Served 5 years in the military. He had offers from Univ of Tennessee and GT. He also had an offer in basketball from Davidson when Drisell was there.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Not really. 100% of everything is paid for them. They have a guaranteed job and career path coming out of the Academy. These guys are just a breed apart.
Service academy athletes are not eligible for NIL because they are active duty military and cannot have a separate job. The work a SA athlete puts in to play a sport and get through their academy is hard for even Tech grads to fathom. You are spot on that they are a breed apart.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

They actually have to supply their own uniforms, books, etc., but they get paid each month by the US government. When I was at the USCGA we put everything on a "white card" and our monthly pay was debited. Each year we put less on it because your first semester buys almost all the uniforms you will need during your time there. As freshmen we got about $90 a month of our money back after debt payments, but as each year passed we got more of our money back. By our senior years were making enough for a reasonable car payment, and boy did all the dealerships eat up the seniors as soon as they were allowed to buy a car.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
CGC taught me not to fear losing. I am now totally desensitized. My body has developed massive levels of antibodies from the persistent pain of humiliating defeats. I am impervious to losing.

With Key we can look forward to no longer being an embarrassment. Winning will just be icing on the cake.

Have no fear.
I know man. I just don't know if I can stomach anymore opening weekend losses lol

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
They actually have to supply their own uniforms, books, etc., but they get paid each month by the US government. When I was at the USCGA we put everything on a "white card" and our monthly pay was debited. Each year we put less on it because your first semester buys almost all the uniforms you will need during your time there. As freshmen we got about $90 a month of our money back after debt payments, but as each year passed we got more of our money back. By our senior years were making enough for a reasonable car payment, and boy did all the dealerships eat up the seniors as soon as they were allowed to buy a car.
Groton?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
My good friend mentioned earlier at West Point bought a Corvette with his money. He was good enough to play linebacker in the 1968 East West Shrine game. Said tackling Larry Czonka was the toughest he ever faced.

slugboy

Staff member
Bill Connelly's (ESPN) SP+ prediction is out, and it has Louisville over GT (us) by 15.6, with a projected score of Louisville 31 - GT 15. That's 46 points total, for the under (O/U is 49).

That projection implies to me
  • Pretty much last year's Louisville lock down defense
  • Pretty much our OLine from last year
  • Pretty much our scoring ability from last year (remember, UVA held us to 9).
  • A regression of our defense from last year
I'm not saying I agree with it (I don't). I'll be watching for how we've improved in multiple areas and rooting for a win.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty much our scoring ability from last year (remember, UVA held us to 9)
This loss hurt so bad
It was close the entire time but you could just know from the start that our offense wasn’t capable of scoring.
Our defense and Virginia gave us every opportunity with FOUR turnovers.
We were beat up on the depth chart, but wow.
I dearly hope Friday marks the era of never looking like that again.