Tech vs Clemson, it's actually very easy to explain

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It has nothing to do with weather, nothing to do with scheme, nothing to do with but one, single solitary thing!

TALENT! Its just that simple.

When your entire D line, LBs and DBs are nationally ranked 4 and 5* players you are going to win 95% of the time. At Tech's best, when everything is clicking they can compete but otherwise Clemson is going to win much more often than not.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed they just have more talent. Disappointing that Marshall did not play better tonight. He was like a deer in headlights. Bad reads, could have thrown a TD but just focused on DL coming at him instead of backing up and hitting wide open receiver, and indecisiveness. Maybe he will learn from this game but he definitely took a step back tonight. Kudos to the defense who hung in there. Not great but hung in there.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
There is clearly some outscheming going on by Venables.

Venables is completely selling out to stop the run and PJ can do absolutely nothing to stop it. The scheme that Venables is running is not new or confusing. What is confusing to me is how PJ refuses to adjust to do anything different. At this point he should install some new package just for Clemson. Playing the same way and getting beat the same way and then just chalking it up to better athletes isn't good enough.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's more than talent. You can still block guys that are more talented than you. You can still make the correct reads. You can still be more decisive when running the option.

Not saying we would've won but we played awful.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Venables is completely selling out to stop the run and PJ can do absolutely nothing to stop it. The scheme that Venables is running is not new or confusing. What is confusing to me is how PJ refuses to adjust to do anything different. At this point he should install some new package just for Clemson. Playing the same way and getting beat the same way and then just chalking it up to better athletes isn't good enough.

Okay and tell us all, what should PJ install?

Milwaukee

Banned

So we can just outscheme them to make up for the gigantic talent difference? I wish it was that easy, but this isn't the NFL where programs are designed to be built equally.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Win much more often = approx (90%).
So if we use clock i
Please never criticise coach. Here they come.