• Clemson 7-14

Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Clemson >14

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
You read by starting on page 1. You read left to right. You read top to bottom.
You should try it out. Maybe you would see that most people, while not overly positive about the outcome, still had cautious optimism. The overwhelming majority of people thought we could compete in this game, which we have. But this game was always going to be tough, especially for our offense. Which is what our conversation was initially about, ya know. Considering the whole elite-ness of Clemson’s defense.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Tech needs to play mistake free and have a little luck. We’ve had neither.

3 false starts and 3 critical dropped passes including 2 touchdowns.

Clemson’s first touchdown was a missed call as receiver was still juggling the ball out of bounds. Tech did luck out on not getting targeting but on that same play , as well as a previous play, egregious holding not called on Clemson.

Giving Clemson confidence on their home field was the last thing that needed to happen in this game.

If Tech keeps this from being a blowout now it will be a moral victory.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
You should try it out. Maybe you would see that most people, while not overly positive about the outcome, still had cautious optimism. The overwhelming majority of people thought we could compete in this game, which we have. But this game was always going to be tough, especially for our offense. Which is what our conversation was initially about, ya know. Considering the whole elite-ness of Clemson’s defense.
I don't know about "elite" but I was impressed considering the relative youth of the Clemson defense. We are not even in the same league with them right now.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This game could have turned out differently if not for Tech shooting itself in the foot early and often. I knew if Tech lost its rhythm and Clemson gained confidence this could turn ugly. Too bad because Tech is not as far behind Clemson as this game suggests.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I was really impressed with Clemson’s pass rush. HK hasn’t really been on his back all season but they were just in his face as soon as the ball was snapped all game. Not surprising I guess - they have really talented athletes.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Do we need to sit Singleton for a few plays next week at the beginning of the game? The last few games make it seem like he is getting perilously close to becoming a head case. Not sure the right approach but this is three weeks in a row there were plays that, as the announcers would say, “You have to make that catch!” We were lucky it didn’t hurt us in previous games but against Clemson it turned the game around quickly.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting our defense to struggle today, but I did not expect our offense to crap their pants. The WRs were horrible today in every aspect of their play and King had no time or space to make plays. He forced some passes after all thr drops, which le to many INTs.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting our defense to struggle today, but I did not expect our offense to crap their pants. The WRs were horrible today in every aspect of their play and King had no time or space to make plays. He forced some passes after all thr drops, which le to many INTs.
Seemed like the more WRs dropped the ball the more desperate he became to make a play and started forcing the ball.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we need to sit Singleton for a few plays next week at the beginning of the game? The last few games make it seem like he is getting perilously close to becoming a head case. Not sure the right approach but this is three weeks in a row there were plays that, as the announcers would say, “You have to make that catch!” We were lucky it didn’t hurt us in previous games but against Clemson it turned the game around quickly.

You are correct, Singleton should have caught that pass. I had a little different thought when the play happened. I told my wife that was the wrong call in a hostile environment for an underdog team. We had a third and two. We were running the ball pretty well at that point. My thinking was that we would have been better off to pick up the first down, move the chains and develop some confidence plus maintain field position.

I am a long way from being a coach, but just my thoughts at that point in the game. Of course, hindsight is always 20-20!!

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Our QB is a work in progress. Too inconsistent. Really good or really bad.
Maybe but he was under duress the entire game. Haynes is a gunslinger and like most of his tribe is going to blow hot and cold. Clemson applied consistent pressure and would not allow him to get loose for long runs. They played exceptionally well even given their talent. Our lines, both offense and defense still need lots of work and an infusion of talent. Some better conditioning would not hurt the defensive line as well. Some of them are just not quick enough. Tech to its credit played hard to the end despite looking downcast at times. The culture that Dabo has built at Clemson with its emphasis on keeping players and using the portal very little has paid dividends. Perhaps, we should do the same.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Put me down as a “NO” in response to your first question. Don’t take any game experience away from a true frosh.
I don’t know why he has suffered some drops recently, but letting him work through it won’t ruin him. He’ll be better for it. I just hope he’s still ours for the next 3 seasons.