• Clemson 7-14

Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Clemson >14

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Realistically we have won 2 in a row. That doesn't happen often anymore. Have we won three in a row since CPJ left?

I don't see a win. I see a tough battle against a great defense and a 33-13 type loss.

What I could see is our team coming prepared. +2 in the turnover margin of this game could be a real win. We need to get to the QB in the first quarter. Rattle him a little bit and make him move. Don't let him sit in the pocket to make plays. Shut down their run game. Get 2 ints and we have a good shot at winning the game.

Either way I will be there supporting our Jackets.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I think our guys believe they have a chance and can compete with Clemson. I hope they have been focused and practicing well this week. Outside of Blackburn and Yondjuen who we've been missing all season, we should be pretty much at full strength - Key's comments on injuries this week sound like everyone that got hurt last week is likely to be good to go.

I'm not super confident, but gold glasses are on, and I'm sticking with my prediction from the other thread of 28-27 good guys.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
the only way we can normally win is high scoring games. I just don't see it against Clemson defense. Expecting something like 35-21 Clemson

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I expect us to have troubles in the red zone. Our O will prove it is good, but Clemson's defense is elite. Can't see us getting past 20 points (2 TD's and 2 FG's).

If Clemson doesn't "clemson", and sticks to their running game, they should grind out about 31 points against our D, which is just not shown any strength against the run for 8 of the 9 games played.

So, 31-20 based on talent and capabilities.

Turnovers could make that score better or worse....

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech wins the turnover battle and we score the winning TD with less than 30 seconds in the game - King pass to Seither.
Tech 24-20.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Tech, 31-27

Hope to see solid tackling techniques and pressure in the backfield.

I'll celebrate with a nip or two (or three) of George Dickel Tennessee sour mash.

Last edited:

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
The final result of the Notre Dame game covered up the fact that Clemson still has a lot of the same problems on offense that they've had all year. Klubnik has been average this season, and I think our defense can force a turnover or two. Also, I refuse to pick against our red-hot offense — I think we can outscore almost anybody right now. My pick is 38-31 Tech.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
If our offense is what a lot of people are saying it is, this is a great week to prove it. Gaudy stats against average to crappy D don’t mean much, but points this weekend would CERTAINLY be impressive.
I expect our D to be our D…. opportunistic, but inconsistent and a little soft. The O needs to cash in on the opportunities and keep pace to offset the softness.
The O is going to determine if this is a close game in the 30s or a 2-3 score loss for us.
Im going with optimism and a 38-34 Jackets win.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What I could see is our team coming prepared. +2 in the turnover margin of this game could be a real win. We need to get to the QB in the first quarter. Rattle him a little bit and make him move. Don't let him sit in the pocket to make plays. Shut down their run game. Get 2 ints and we have a good shot at winning the game.
Bingo. The key to this game, imho, is turnovers. If we can force 3 - a real possibility - then we have a chance to win. I think Clemson is very good on D, but I also think that we could get 400+ yards of offense against them. Tech really is that good on O now. Better than Notre Dame, I hear you say. Yes. I repeat: Yes. We are that good, provided we get Smith untracked. I believe Tech can do that and that we can win. I'm not going to predict a score because I expect this to be a very close game.

Oh, and if we win, I plan to get drunk a a skunk. Same if we lose, of course.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I see it being close the first half. After that I hate to say it, they pull away. Clemson is better than a lot of people on here will admit.

I see the final being something like Tech 17 Clemson 35.

How will you celebrate if we become bowl-eligible this weekend? same as I will if we don't, stay drunk flip off any uga people. get back on here talk about how bad we suck and how back the defense was in the game, Cool off by Monday and hope we get number 6 against Syracuse.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I see it being close the first half. After that I hate to say it, they pull away. Clemson is better than a lot of people on here will admit.

I see the final being something like Tech 17 Clemson 35.
Could be. If that happens, I won't be downhearted. Jackets are still on an upward trajectory. But yeah, Clemson has a lot of talent, especially on defense.
As has already been mentioned, this is our toughest game of the year.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I predict a low scoring game with Clemson's good defense and their less than stellar offense, and our defense steps up. 28- 24 Jackets.