• Clemson 7-14

Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Clemson >14

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Unless King and Buster are magic, Clemson will wear us down on offense and defense.
30, 10 Gt wins because gt defdnse sells out

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
That’s fine, but you literally asked why people are saying Clemson’s defense is elite, and you got an answer. Their defense has not been why they are losing games; their offense is bad. Our defense is also bad, and much worse comparatively than their offense. Their offense is also coming off a game in which they scored 31 points against Notre Dame, who only gave up 17 to Ohio State and 20 to USC respectively.

It’s going to be a tall task to take down the Tigers. We’ve put 2 good games in a row together, but we’re going to have to play much better tomorrow than we have in either of the previous 2 games to have a chance of leaving with a W. Winning the turnover battle and limiting penalties will be key for us to have a chance.
Clemson's offense scored 24 pts against ND, they had a Pick-6 to get the other 7.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I agree that they may be good, but elite? Nothing is elite on a team that is 2-4 in conference play.
Their defense is literally 9th in the country. That’s elite. Better than Oregon, Florida State, and Georgia. You can say it doesn’t matter because of their record, but it doesn’t discredit how tough their defense is, and how tough it’s going to be for us to move the ball and score on them. We have to play our best offensive game of the year so far to have a chance at out-scoring them

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Their defense is literally 9th in the country. That’s elite. Better than Oregon, Florida State, and Georgia. You can say it doesn’t matter because of their record, but it doesn’t discredit how tough their defense is, and how tough it’s going to be for us to move the ball and score on them. We have to play our best offensive game of the year so far to have a chance at out-scoring them
Apparently 4 other ACC teams have figured out a way to beat them. Shouldn't be to terribly hard for us, GT. Ya know the team that this site is dedicated to. We have an above average offense. We have a turnover happy defense. If their O is so terrible, our guys will take the ball away several times. TFG really messed up how OUR fans view OUR team. Clempson is very beatable. Tech wins the Bowl Eligible Bowl!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Miami and NC State have both beat them. We proved we can play with Miami and NC State only beat UVA 24-21 so I think we can play with them as well. We absolutely can do this with a supreme effort on our part and no nasty breaks against us.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Miami and NC State have both beat them. We proved we can play with Miami and NC State only beat UVA 24-21 so I think we can play with them as well. We absolutely can do this with a supreme effort on our part and no nasty breaks against us.
There are no transitive properties in college football! Can we win, possibly but highly unlikely. Clemson's strengths match up with our as well as our MAJOR weakness, defensive front 6. Trying to stop Clemson from running it all over us all day will be the challenge. Oh yea getting pressure on their QB will be really a challenge.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
There are no transitive properties in college football! Can we win, possibly but highly unlikely. Clemson's strengths match up with our as well as our MAJOR weakness, defensive front 6. Trying to stop Clemson from running it all over us all day will be the challenge. Oh yea getting pressure on their QB will be really a challenge.
Well, our poll votes are 48.5% GT, 51.5% Clemson as of now and we all know Swarm posters are non-biased and objective. So I say we have a reasonable chance based on these numbers. :ROFLMAO:

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I predict that we finally see Leo Blackburn on the field tomorrow based on CBK's oddly cagey response to the question asked around the 7:50 mark at this week's press conference. Tin foil hat on.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I predict that we finally see Leo Blackburn on the field tomorrow based on CBK's oddly cagey response to the question asked around the 7:50 mark at this week's press conference. Tin foil hat on.

I think your tinfoil hat is a little too tight on this one lol

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck

As cheeky as Key can be, I think he’s telling us we’ll see Leo in 2024

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
From what I've seen of Clemson, at least a couple of the losses were due to turnovers and missed FG's. If we can create turnovers and stop them in the red zone we'll have an opportunity for the upset. I also think their QB Klubnik is an on/off guy, so if we can get to him early and get him out of his comfort zone their offense could sputter some.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Apparently 4 other ACC teams have figured out a way to beat them. Shouldn't be to terribly hard for us, GT. Ya know the team that this site is dedicated to. We have an above average offense. We have a turnover happy defense. If their O is so terrible, our guys will take the ball away several times. TFG really messed up how OUR fans view OUR team. Clempson is very beatable. Tech wins the Bowl Eligible Bowl!
Clemson’s pretty tough, huh

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
21-7 Too Tall. You might want to rethink that thought. Not all 5-4 records are created equal. Our defense is not up to the task today of stopping Shipley.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Not really. We are beating ourselves. 2 dropped td passes. They needed and amazing catch for a td. Nothing they are doing is impressive.

I bet you thought dur U was going to win too didn't you?
They have 15 first downs… we have 1 passing yard

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
You’re really hung up on 5-4 aren’t you? Never said it was over. Never said we didn’t have a chance. I said it was going to be tough. Guess what, it’s tough

Who said it would be easy? I'm just against everyone one here believing they are top of the world and we're lower than a snake butt.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe we gave up on the run too fast. Started throwing sideline passes which I hope we don't see again!

Defense is already looking tired--been on the field too long!