TECH OFFENSE

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To get to the point were we score fast and get the ball back fast (50 /50) is not going to be easy but it's a path worth taking. To be occassionally elite requires we take risk.

I am ready to give it a shot assuming we run the o and d Not like idiots ("mtsu scores again" because they stole the defense signals).

I have given up on trying to" run" with a minor passing game against the 2 elite teams we play. For the last 2 years they have stuffed our rushing game and it's time to try a more pass centric scheme.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We have more talent on D than offense; better coaches on D too. D will be our strength.

D will also benefit from practicing against more traditional offense that they will see during the season. Those reps in spring and summer camp will help with development
How many DL’s would start on any team we play?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Heard our OC recently say our offense would be roughly 50/50. Also said he will utilize our QBs talents, that yes they all have run ability so it is natural that he would utilize that.
Also, from someone that was there Sunday, they said we are noticeably lacking in RB talent ability, which I have thought was going to be a problem. Something tells me Jerry Howard will contribute but maybe not as a pure full time TB type player, not sure about this, just think so.

Last edited:

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Heard our OC recently say our offense would be roughly 50/50. Also said he will utilize our QBs talents, that yes they all have run ability so it is natural that he would utilize that.
Also, from someone that was there Sunday, they said we are noticeably lacking in RB talent ability, which I have thought was going to be a problem. Something tells me Jerry Howard will contribute but maybe not as a pure full time TB type player, not sure about this, just think so.
To the last statement, I think Jamious pushes for the start day 1.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

The 3 top rbacks are hurt and they all having to learn a new system. Malloy got majority of the snaps.

I would imagine in spring they are working more on passing than running and this is the perception of the young man. Watching Temple they did run the ball a lot. If however we are the pass happy Bill Lewis offense....well In 3 years we will be welcoming Jeff Monken to the flats.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to read all the speculative speculations here on this board about the offense. LOL

My guess (uhh, speculation) is that at this early stage of spring practice, the offensive coaches are placing a priority on trying to determine:

— Which QBs can throw the most accurately;

— Which backs and receivers can run the best routes and have the best hands to catch passes; and

— Which offensive linemen can pass-block the most consistently.

Then the playbook will open up more toward work on the running game during the later stages of the spring practice.

This is just my speculative guess.

LOL

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We have more talent on D than offense; better coaches on D too. D will be our strength.

D will also benefit from practicing against more traditional offense that they will see during the season. Those reps in spring and summer camp will help with development

And it helps having a HC that, like wooden, acknowledges that D wins championships.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting to read all the speculative speculations here on this board about the offense. LOL

My guess (uhh, speculation) is that at this early stage of spring practice, the offensive coaches are placing a priority on trying to determine:

— Which QBs can throw the most accurately;

— Which backs and receivers can run the best routes and have the best hands to catch passes; and

— Which offensive linemen can pass-block the most consistently.

Then the playbook will open up more toward work on the running game during the later stages of the spring practice.

This is just my speculative guess.

LOL

I'm surprised I didn't find this comment earlier in the thread.

Maybe we are throwing a lot in practice because that is the area that needs the most improvement? We've already demonstrated we can run the ball.

The player you spoke with is under the impression we will be pass heavy because that is what we are practicing. In reality I see us closer to 50/50 or 60/40 run.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Most of the best talent on D is in the secondary not the front 7. So until I see a drastic change of D performance it remains our Achilles imo.