Tech making the playoff? Easy as 1-2-3 (plus 4-5-6)

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
That's not quite right. We want Alabama to beat Missouri. Much better chance the SEC gets 2 teams than 0 if Missouri wins and we get enough help to have a decent chance.

Games we have to have:
Georgia Tech over Florida State
Wisconsin over Ohio State

Games we have to get at least 1 out of 2:
Iowa State over TCU
Kansas State over Baylor

Game that we may or may not need:
Alabama over Missouri

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Want another reason GA Tech should get the nod if we win?

TCU & Baylor have COMBINED to play 9 teams at .500 or better.

Wisconsin and Alabama are playing their 8th today.

GA Tech will be playing their 10th tonight (FSU, Clemson, Georgia, VA Tech, Miami, Duke, UNC, NC State, Pitt, & GA Southern).

It's one thing to have a "strength of schedule," but also what you do with it when you get it (and Wisconsin's SoS sucks).

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Want another reason GA Tech should get the nod if we win?

TCU & Baylor have COMBINED to play 9 teams at .500 or better.

Wisconsin and Alabama are playing their 8th today.

GA Tech will be playing their 10th tonight (FSU, Clemson, Georgia, VA Tech, Miami, Duke, UNC, NC State, Pitt, & GA Southern).

It's one thing to have a "strength of schedule," but also what you do with it when you get it (and Wisconsin's SoS sucks).

Great stat Glenn. The SOS folly is when they don't look at teams you played from less heralded conferences and see where they are at year's end. Playing GaSo is like playing a nascent Boise State type program, except nobody knows about them yet.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think it will end up being four conference champs. SEC-Bama, Pac- Ducks, big 12 - TCU or BU and the last spot will be either acc champ or big 10 champ. FSU win and their in, OSU must win and FSU a lose, I think for us it must be a win and OSU gets beat. I think the only conference that had a chance to get two teams in was the sec and now that is not going to happen. They aren't going to take two big 12 teams. The conference as a whole hasn't played that many good teams out of conference.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think it will end up being four conference champs. SEC-Bama, Pac- Ducks, big 12 - TCU or BU and the last spot will be either acc champ or big 10 champ. FSU win and their in, OSU must win and FSU a lose, I think for us it must be a win and OSU gets beat. I think the only conference that had a chance to get two teams in was the sec and now that is not going to happen. They aren't going to take two big 12 teams. The conference as a whole hasn't played that many good teams out of conference.

I want this to be right.