1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Article Tech hosts Gardner-Webb Monday night

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by Peacone36, Dec 15, 2018.

1. ramblinjacket

ramblinjacket Helluva Engineer

Then we would lose twice. Once for the crappy article I produce and then on the court.

kg01 likes this.
  2. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

There were multiple times on offense that 2 games stood basically in the same spot waiting for the guy to pass him the ball. Neither moved. They just threw one of them the ball and whoever didn't catch it just trailed off to a defender.

I mean ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

:ROFLMAO:

Trust me, we lost more than twice tonight.

THWG16 and ramblinjacket like this.
  4. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

We never had many brian gregory players at all. He left us with... Gueye and Ogbonda as our upperclassmen this year.

5. joehamiltonfan14

joehamiltonfan14 Helluva Engineer

Once again, we’re not even in ACC play and the tourney is a long shot. When will this end?

6. THWG16

THWG16 Helluva Engineer

Sad situation , I really thought we were onto something after the NIT run

7. tbglover

tbglover Helluva Engineer

We knew once Okogie decided to stay in the draft that the tournament wasn't likely. Hopefully it ends 2 years from now.
    And to think that there were fans who preferred going to the NIT 2 years ago cause it'll get the players more experience

8. THWG16

THWG16 Helluva Engineer

I don’t care who goes pro or what happens GT should never lose to Gardner Webb !!!!!! We should beat them with our reserves

OG-T and awbuzz like this.
  9. A Love Supreme

A Love Supreme Helluva Engineer

Yeah I know it wasn't great but Josh Okogie and Ben Lammers were really good. I'm pretty sure we would have won tonight if Okogie or Lammers were playing. But Okogie decided to go to the League. I'm not mad with that. He made the right decision. So far, CJP players haven't been that great. I know it's still early but I'm not feeling very confident. I guess we'll see at the end of the season.

awbuzz likes this.
  10. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

And then a cold slap of reality slapped us around.

THWG16 likes this.
  11. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

Aren’t we like 5th in the nation in defensive fg%? What the hell was that?

Didn’t anticipate going 0-3 this week when I woke up this morning.

THWG16 likes this.
  12. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

I argue but it would just be splitting hairs. Regardless of the players under either coach, we don’t dance. What’s the sense of arguing who sucked less

Wrecked likes this.
  13. GT_B

GT_B Helluva Engineer

I mean pastner was a lazy hire. They wanted him out of memphis, he didn’t want to stay and deal with the mess there. he’s getting paid really low compared to most P5 coaches I believe. So it’s a trade off, it’s what we could afford at the time.

He’s a good dude, and I wish he could be successful here, but I think his “recruiting reputation” was only built on Memphis bringing in kids from Memphis, which it would do with anyone there. It’s now really showing.

I think his staff now at this point is sub par and it shows with recruiting and X and O standpoint. Going to be 2 rough seasons back to back in the next 2 and don’t know if he last past end of next year.

McCamish is going to be a ghost town permanently soon.

14. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

It's not fair to say he was a lazy hire. I suspect MBob worked his azz off to get turned down by 10 guys before we accepted the check from Memphis.

Seriously, though, I still wonder about the off-season assistant hires. One guy was never an assistant before and the other guy didn't come from even a tournament mid-major.

When we're not recruiting class loads of ACC talent, we need top notch coaching. I suspect TStan was saving money for the CPJ replacement staff.

slugboy likes this.
  15. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

I actually expect TStan was acting more like a CEO and letting CJP hire who he wanted rather than Bobolink who pretty much hired the staff for him

16. Ramblingon

Ramblingon Ramblin' Wreck

Imagine this game with Banks not eligible.

AE 87 likes this.
  17. ESPNjacket

ESPNjacket Helluva Engineer

It seemed like they got every loose ball. This team has to play hard at all times to be competitive. The coaches need to figure out how to fix that.

I don't understand Alston getting 36 minutes. He was at a distinct talent disadvantage in this game. In ACC play he looks like he is tied to the floor.

18. senoiajacket

senoiajacket Helluva Engineer

Out hustled, out shot, out coached, out played. Embarrassed on our own court. I am not even sure that we had better athletes.

Banks was awful on defense and the only reason he had success on offense was that he was 3” taller than anyone else on the floor.

19. SecretAgentBuzz

SecretAgentBuzz Helluva Engineer

Just got back from the game a little while ago.

McCamish is a really nice place to watch a basketball game. The GT on the court doesn't look bad in person. Crowd was sparse as expected.

Really stinks that this is my one chance to go to a game...and GT played like crap. I think that was perhaps the worst defensive game in the Pastner Era. Really sloppy, really lacking energy. Haywood bailed us out with some good shooting, and then we blew it at the end of the first half with more bad defense. We put ourselves in a hole, and then couldn't make a big shot when we needed it.

It is becoming painfully clear that this team is mostly made up of role-players. Nobody seems to want to step up and be "the guy." Alvarado has the potential, I think, but he just doesn't take over. Haywood could, too, but can be very passive and did not score one more point after his 4 3s in the first half. He disappeared. Banks played well on offense, cleaning up like he should have, but his defense left a lot to be desired. Their big guy played a heck of a game and really out-played Banks. Gueye can't seem to get in a rhythm, nor Cole or Phillips. Its a shame--they are all talented. Wright is easily the most frustrating player on the court. Oh, man, he frustrates me. Dribbling on the perimeter, taking bad shots, leaving his man on defense, not playing aggressive...I just can't watch when he is out there. Alston....plays hard. His shot was off tonight, as was Devoes.

I know people don't want to hear this, but a lot of credit should go to Gardner-Webb. They played with energy, passed well, and shot well. They wanted it more and executed when they needed to.

This was a really disappointing loss and perhaps my expectations were too high for this team. I am hoping that this is just a result of the long break, and I hope that this might light a fire under this team....but like many of us, I fear we are in for another mediocre to bad year. Prove me wrong, Coach Pastner. Prove me wrong, Jackets.

slugboy and New Old Guy like this.
  20. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Tobias Please

Heh sounds like we played exactly how we have looked all season only this time the other team didn't play like trash and now we're finally mad? I've seen bottom third mid major schools with players that look like they have more offensive skill set than we do.

I didn't watch but I probably should have. I'm sure I would've been more entertained than watching the Panthers hand another team a win for the 6th time in a row. Sports suck.