Tech fans are so freaking BIPOLAR!!

Losing the talent last year at the back positions and WR was a concern going into this season. I am not expecting a year like last year, although, I think the team will be good. It always worries me when GT starts getting a lot of hype and we start talking about the polls. There is a lot of football left and hopefully the younger guys will step up and the older guys will provide the needed leadership. The success to last year was that they played with that prove to the world attitude and were a TEAM...I still remember the team circling Snoddy at the Clemson game last year...that epitomized the season for me.
At no time in the last seven years have we had such an optimistic outlook for the next 3 to four years from the standpoint of player talent on campus. We are very young, but we are playing three, four or five true freshmen who are talented, and who are getting valuable experience. The last two recruiting classes have been solid. Part of our success, it seems to me, is to have players playing multiple years in our system. We have that now, and where we have youngsters we are building that experience. We kinda know who will play at certain positions in 2016 and 2017 already. We really do have a very good chance of winning 9 or more games for several seasons in a row.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
The ND loss can be explained in two words: Russell uniforms !!!
Or maybe it's the shoes? Yeah, it's gotta be the shoes!

Well... CPJ did mention about how we were slipping all over the turf because we didn't have the same shoes as ND. Artificial turf is definitely more slippery than grass, so that very well could have played a part. We still played bad, but who knows.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm chocking up last Saturday as, bad day at the office. Everybody has them. I believe we were the best team on the field, regardless of performance/ outcome. IF Ohio st. Can win NC after losing to a barely bowl eligible VT, last year, it is my belief we can get our minds right and run the table, after one bad day at the office! Go jackets!
This Sat will tell us if you're right. I think it's a lot more than that.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well... CPJ did mention about how we were slipping all over the turf because we didn't have the same shoes as ND. Artificial turf is definitely more slippery than grass, so that very well could have played a part. We still played bad, but who knows.

The whole game was so FUBAR that it's hard to remember all the crap that went wrong. But you're right -- our guys had their feet go out from under them with no contact several times. Can't recall any instance of that happening to ND.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The whole game was so FUBAR that it's hard to remember all the crap that went wrong. But you're right -- our guys had their feet go out from under them with no contact several times. Can't recall any instance of that happening to ND.
Yeah, it was very frustrating to watch ABs trying to make hard cuts and end up sliding out (on one Snoddy had a BIG lane if he kept his feet...at least it looked like it from the south end zone). I put that on the equipment managers. You've got to make sure the guys have the correct shoes/cleats for the field and weather conditions!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it was very frustrating to watch ABs trying to make hard cuts and end up sliding out (on one Snoddy had a BIG lane if he kept his feet...at least it looked like it from the south end zone). I put that on the equipment managers. You've got to make sure the guys have the correct shoes/cleats for the field and weather conditions!

CPJ said that their turf is the same kind as on our indoor field, but the guys said it was much longer. ND was apparently wearing different shoes than they.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm chocking up last Saturday as, bad day at the office. Everybody has them. I believe we were the best team on the field, regardless of performance/ outcome. IF Ohio st. Can win NC after losing to a barely bowl eligible VT, last year, it is my belief we can get our minds right and run the table, after one bad day at the office! Go jackets!
Yow! if you really believe that Tech was the best team on the field ? you didn't watch the game. ND ( unfortunately) had the bigger, betterplayers and a better game plan! Watching from the endzone seats we had you saw the ND defensive linemen getting off our blocks, moving down both ends and waiting on the option.We could play ND 10 times and lose 10 times. Tech was not ready for "prime time football" on this day!!

rosebud78

Georgia Tech Fan
Yow! if you really believe that Tech was the best team on the field ? you didn't watch the game. ND ( unfortunately) had the bigger, betterplayers and a better game plan! Watching from the endzone seats we had you saw the ND defensive linemen getting off our blocks, moving down both ends and waiting on the option.We could play ND 10 times and lose 10 times. Tech was not ready for "prime time football" on this day!!
Is yow a word? I did watch the game, and sorry, I'm not as much awestruck by ND's performance, as I am disappointed in ours. I think that tech can hang with anybody, possibly wrong but, my opinion. It was their field, their day. If you want to go shine some domers, by all means. I will carry on being a tech fan.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Maybe I'm a purist, but I absolutely despise artificial turf at outdoor stadiums. It just doesn't seem right to me.

That being said, there's a reason they call it home field advantage. In 1927 we beat Georgia to keep them from winning the National Championship. It rained the night before the game and Grant Field was an absolute mess the next day. Georgia had the nations best rush offense...we shut them out 12-0.

After the game they accused us of watering down the field to slow down their powerful rushing attack...

Not saying we did or didn't, but it didn't seem to stop us from scoring. Still counts as a W for the good guys.