Tech fans are so freaking BIPOLAR!!

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes I said it. Every game that we win everyone is on here and other sites talking about how great we are, and how great the offense is, and how player X is the next coming of Walter Peyton, **** Butkus, Ronnie Lott, etc... And conversely, after every loss there are huge portion of the fan base that thinks the spread-based option is the most archaic offense ever, our athletes suck, our coach was out-coached, and the season is over. People, IT WAS ONE GAME. How many of you doom and gloomers were saying the same thing after the Duke loss? UNC loss? Losing happens. There is a reason that very few teams/people have perfect seasons.

I recall back in the summer everyone was yelling about how many freshmen we should be playing due to their skill level. Now on some of these threads you read about "we can't win with the freshmen." Very few freshmen in the history of them game have come right out of high school and din't have to deal with some kind of learning curve. Hell even last year a lot of people were jumping off the boat because of the attrition. But then when the team started to win everyone is all hunky-dory. Everyone was ranting and raving about the offensive line because we were returning 80% of last year's starters. Now you can read how people are saying that Shaq was the only reason they were worth a damn. You guys do realize that our line at the beginning of the season was not nearly as well-oiled as it was at the end of the season.

Does the team have flaws? Yes. Are most of them fixable? Yes. Is every goal that the team has set still in within reach? Yes. My point is some of you need to take a moment to breathe. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Are Tech fans any different than other fans? It is what it is.:rolleyes:

Last year we lost to three teams. Two of those losses were inexplicable. So far we have lost to a team presently in the top ten. It was fairly "explicable". We have the potential of losing 3 games this year, all three to top ten teams. I would say that would be a step up from losing to Duke and UNC.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought all 3 losses last year were easily explained. Most of the people who post dumb stuff after a loss are the ones who don't really take the time to read & understand the analysis threads.

The ND game was a perfect storm of errors for GT where it counted. I'm looking at the silver lining is that it could be the punch in the gut the team needed before the start of conference play.

Go Jackets!

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My one issue and I haven't really analyzed anything, but with the ND LB's blindly coming at the snap on every play the middle of the field had to be wide open.

Is CPJ too stubborn to stray from the option when the defense is taking it away ??

As for me personally, yes I put way too many eggs in this one basket ... and it hurt !!

But I still think there is a lot of football yet to play.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
My one issue and I haven't really analyzed anything, but with the ND LB's blindly coming at the snap on every play the middle of the field had to be wide open.

Is CPJ too stubborn to stray from the option when the defense is taking it away ??

As for me personally, yes I put way too many eggs in this one basket ... and it hurt !!

Totally agree! Why didn't we pass a few over the middle where nobody was at? I think maybe once we tried too and it was over thrown.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Still want to burn shirts so
1. We are ready to make run in 16 while we have JET.
2. They play some this year TO SEE and FEEL speed and power of ND, FSU, CLEMSON,UGA and will practice more intensely. (Coach just said players werent listening to him because of last couple easy victories)
3 one or 3 real difference maker recruits see we actually play freshman. _ especially defense!!.

I admit to getting a little down and perhaps overly analytical after a loss, even to the extent of being slightly negative. But I always get over that quickly, unless it's a complete disaster, which Saturday was not. The pollsters, whether polls really matter or not, generally forget the details and only see a win or a loss, and the final score was not bad, as long as you don't think about or know about the details. Johnson can and, I think, will "fix" the problems, assuming they are fixable. But the one thing he cannot fix is the injuries, and that is what really concerns me. I HOPE most of them are not really bad, and we will see those not too badly injured return soon. But it is what it is, and there is nothing that anybody can do about it. Regardless, we all need to get over the loss and cheer the team on even more the rest of the season. There is a LOT of football yet to be played, and a loss to a top 10 team is not the end of the world.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Wasn't just a loss, it was 30-7 late in the fourth in a game we were media darlings and favored in.

Taking a gut punch like that and smiling like Kevin Bacon in Animal House and saying, "Thank you sir, may I have another!" is not how everyone responds to an implosion like that. Some people aren't into masochism.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't just a loss, it was 30-7 late in the fourth in a game we were media darlings and favored in.

Taking a gut punch like that and smiling like Kevin Bacon in Animal House and saying, "Thank you sir, may I have another!" is not how everyone responds to an implosion like that. Some people aren't into masochism.
I don't see any Kevin Bacons on the forum.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Well, for sure. Nine games at least. I think this board needs a mediation session. Maybe with some cymbals, bongos, flute and sitar accompaniment.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
But hey, I've said from the get go that 8.5 was the number for me. I'm unsure now about 9 wins, because with that clinic on tape on how to rattle our O, you know Bud Foster is trapped in a film room somewhere with the smell of cats and feces wafting as he scribbles diagrams on empty Starbucks cups.

But hey, I've said from the get go that 8.5 was the number for me. I'm unsure now about 9 wins, because with that clinic on tape on how to rattle our O, you know Bud Foster is trapped in a film room somewhere with the smell of cats and feces wafting as he scribbles diagrams on empty Starbucks cups.
Very few teams can run the kind of DISCIPLINED defense that it takes to stop us. Bud Foster does a fairly good job, but all our losses to the Hokies over the past few years were because of our defense (NONE), not Foster's

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow

Teams may try the same thing against us, but mark my words. If there is any way at all to get our offense working against that kind of scheme, CPJ probably already has it figured out.