Tech D today!

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Also basic tackling and getting pressure without having to bring the house. People were upset with the D performance after the Jax State game, including myself, even with the score and the picks because they didn't look very good at some stuff that should be defense 101. The D actually wrapped up and beat blocks today so I am happy with the performance.

It's kind of like the offense today. 35 points and we destroyed the TOP but I was not happy with how sloppy they were in general. You can have legitimate critiques of a unit even if the score looks good.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Okay, so maybe this is a stupid question, but if we had accepted that holding penalty when time expired, would they get to run a play?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The first series was awful. But, after that, they buckled down. The DL and DBs looked really well today. I though the LBs got caught up a lot. But, overall I give them an A-, to a B+ The tacking was MUCH better today. Hopefully, we keep it up.

The first series is the scripted series. It's based on the breakdown of our tendencies on film. First series drives don't bother me overmuch. Watching our D go lights out the rest of the way says more than the first series. Roof adjusted. Pitt couldn't counter.

Jmonty71

Banned
The first series is the scripted series. It's based on the breakdown of our tendencies on film. First series drives don't bother me overmuch. Watching our D go lights out the rest of the way says more than the first series. Roof adjusted. Pitt couldn't counter.
Oh I agree. First series, we did not look good. I was very happy to see an in game adjustment. The D played lights out, from the 2nd series on. I'm not counting the late 4th quarter garbage time. I seriously hope, this is how we play the rest of the year. If we do, we will win the next 3-4 games. I still don't see us upsetting Clemson. But, you never know. But, I think we can go toe to toe with Ugag, Da U and the rest of the slate.

Jmonty71

Banned
The only improvement opportunity that I saw... The LB corps needs to learn how to not get included in the blocking fray. Other than that, we did really, really well.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
DiNucci was really good about pocket presence, he knew the perfect moment to step up to avoid the pressure.
He was very cute too. I'd never seen the dodge of pretending to throw a shovel pass to avoid a sack when the pressure came up. This exploits a clear loophole in the intentional grounding rules, but I don't think there's a way to close it. We would have had at least three more sacks except for DiNucci doing this.