Tech D today!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
We give Roof a boat load of crap about his passive, sit back D but today? I have been shaking my head ALL game at the D that Showed up today? Haven't seen the final stats but did Pitt even hit 200 yards total O????

4 turnovers against, ZERO points allowed. My hat is off the those young men and the coaching staff that obviously had them WELL prepared!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Defense won this game today no doubt about it. They stopped 4 turnovers with a whole bunch of 3 and outs.

I was glad to see them playing with passion and Simmons had a pair of sacks there in the 4th quarter to just take the wind out of their sales.

Great game today, lookin forward to the white out next week against the tarheels.

Cracking the bourbon now. This drink is for you @OldJacketFan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We give Roof a boat load of crap about his passive, sit back D but today? I have been shaking my head ALL game at the D that Showed up today? Haven't seen the final stats but did Pitt even hit 200 yards total O????

4 turnovers against, ZERO points allowed. My hat is off the those young men and the coaching staff that obviously had them WELL prepared!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the D stepped up today and saved our offense on the fumbles. It's not very often that you win when you lose 4 fumbles. We clean up ball security and we can beat anyone if the team plays like we did today.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
I was so happy to see them do well. I've criticized Roof a bunch, but that was a much better called game the guys did the little things like wrapping up much better. Andre and Simmons need to finish those sacks and I'll be happy all year!

second half shut out, and the way the offense playing give-away, we needed it!

Jmonty71

Banned
Can't wait for some of our Roof naysayers to check in later :D
I'm one of those people. I'll admit it. We looked awful on the first series. But, after that, they buckled down. It was the best defensive games they have played in a while. Kudos. The DL and DBa looked pretty awesome. I thought the LBs got caught up in the first too much. But, the tacking was MUCH better. I seriously hope the D plays that well against UNC. Go Jackets!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I'm one of those people. I'll admit it. We looked awful on the first series. But, after that, they buckled down. It was the best defensive games they have played in a while. Kudos. The DL and DBa looked pretty awesome. I thought the LBs got caught up in the first too much. But, the tacking was MUCH better. I seriously hope the D plays that well against UNC. Go Jackets!

You? I would have never guessed it :D:D:D:D Like you I am hoping today is a sign of where the D is heading and it was a great start to that!

The first series was awful. But, after that, they buckled down. The DL and DBs looked really well today. I though the LBs got caught up a lot. But, overall I give them an A-, to a B+ The tacking was MUCH better today. Hopefully, we keep it up.
You just can't take a very good performance from the d today and say just that. Always a but with you. What is going to take? Shutting everyone out that is left on our schedule? They scored less against us than they did a top 5 team.