Teacher Salaries

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I like Chicago it's a Beautiful in the summer.

I see the same old talking points. Chicago been violent and gang populated since the early 1900's. There were way more murders in the early 90's than they're are today. Most of the violence is pocketed in areas on the south or west side. I believe the Englewood community alone counts for around 30% of the murders. What happens in Chicago is tragic but no more tragic than any other city.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I was an educator in Dekalb. The resources available for teachers is low. Teachers be under the gun to meet "standardized" test no matter what situation the study comes from is absurd.

In an ideal world Every student should be treated differently. Be given the tools needed to be successful from pre-K through high school. I work in DFCS now & fail to understand why there is not more alignment between these agencies to help children reach and maximize their potential. The failure on this end has a ripple down effect, I don't know what it will take for people to open up their eyes to that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
A clarifying point: a murder rate is often measured per year.

Also, if you want to use per capita, it might be interesting to look at it by neighborhood. I suspect the Austin neighborhood would be pretty high, as forensic says, the Lincoln Park and downtown condo dwellers etc are going to suppress per capita for Chicago.