Tashard Choice named RB coach

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna find their GTBob (TempleBob?) and start binge watching their offense. I already saw the first part of their Cincy game ... and all I can say is their QB and OL looked really, really bad. Coaching? Talent? Not enough data, but at least they won the game in OT. As a wise coach once said, "24 is more than 17."

One other thing we always forget: defensive talent can make offensive talent look bad sometimes, and vice-versa.

His first season, Temple had an OFEI in the 90's. Second season, OFEI had a big jump to the 50's. Keep in mind, a lot of them were not "his guys".

He's orginally from Coastal Carolina, so take a look at their film. The QBs and RBs in his offenses have usually put up really good numbers. There was one season where QBs and RBs were going down like flies, but the offense still produced.

https://owlsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=746

This Notre Dame site has a REALLY good breakdown of the offense that he's coached:

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/film-room-inside-look-at-temple-s-offense

Speed Option!!!! Triple Option!!! RPO!!! Iso with playmakers!!!

Seriously, the more you read, the more excited you get. The guy truly takes advantage of the talent he has.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
His first season, Temple had an OFEI in the 90's. Second season, OFEI had a big jump to the 50's. Keep in mind, a lot of them were not "his guys".

He's orginally from Coastal Carolina, so take a look at their film. The QBs and RBs in his offenses have usually put up really good numbers. There was one season where QBs and RBs were going down like flies, but the offense still produced.

https://owlsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=746

This Notre Dame site has a REALLY good breakdown of the offense that he's coached:

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/film-room-inside-look-at-temple-s-offense

Speed Option!!!! Triple Option!!! RPO!!! Iso with playmakers!!!

Seriously, the more you read, the more excited you get. The guy truly takes advantage of the talent he has.

The bio looks good but yeah his offense at Temple wasn’t the best. He assisted Manny in helping secure their qb commit who was about to bounce. I don’t know if that’s a sign or what.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The bio looks good but yeah his offense at Temple wasn’t the best. He assisted Manny in helping secure their qb commit who was about to bounce. I don’t know if that’s a sign or what.

I wouldn't read that much into Temple's offense...if anything, I'd look at the 40 position jump they had in OFEI from year 1 to year 2. Seriously, look at what he did at Coastal Carolina. Then look at the type of guys Temple was recruiting. He's recruiting QBs that can run, and playmakers in space. CGC and Patenaude were still getting guys that fit their offense in Year 2.

You of all people should be excited about the types of schemes he's running. Read through the Notre Dame's breakdown of his offense. Man, I'm pretty stoked with what he could do with Lucas Johnson and James Graham.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't read that much into Temple's offense...if anything, I'd look at the 40 position jump they had in OFEI from year 1 to year 2. Seriously, look at what he did at Coastal Carolina. Then look at the type of guys Temple was recruiting. He's recruiting QBs that can run, and playmakers in space.

You of all people should be excited about the types of schemes he's running. Read through the Notre Dame's breakdown of his offense. Man, I'm pretty stoked with what he could do with Lucas Johnson and James Graham.

I’m cautiously optimistic. Watching Temple was not encouraging. But yes I think what they were trying to do would work better with our skill players.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't read that much into Temple's offense...if anything, I'd look at the 40 position jump they had in OFEI from year 1 to year 2. Seriously, look at what he did at Coastal Carolina. Then look at the type of guys Temple was recruiting. He's recruiting QBs that can run, and playmakers in space. CGC and Patenaude were still getting guys that fit their offense in Year 2.

Don't forget about Jordan Yates as well!