Tashard Choice named RB coach

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Awesome! I love this hire. I assume Geoff cleared it with his new OC? How often do we hear about an assistant or position coach hire before the OC & DC coaches have been made known publicly? I guess Collins has it his way in staff naming as well lol. "Scattered, smothered, covered, topped, and diced" with a coke and cherry syrup to go please!

This OC position is driving me nuts. Will Collins bring Patenaude with him from Temple? If not him, who? CGO...CPJ? [emoji23]. I kid, I kid. Seriously though, who is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In case anyone thinks this is just a "bring a GT guy back" hire:

Choice comes back to Georgia Tech after serving as the running backs coach at the University of North Texas in 2018. He is one of six finalists for FootballScoop’s 2018 Running Backs Coach of the Year award, joining a group that also includes Oklahoma’s Jay Boulware and Clemson’s Tony Elliott.

I'm sure he will have some connections to TX as well. Should be a good hire...plus, with all the high level RBs that GA produces, come on...Choice is gonna do well in living rooms.

Last edited:

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
In case anyone thinks this is just a "bring a GT guy back" hire:

Choice comes back to Georgia Tech after serving as the running backs coach at the University of North Texas in 2018. He is one of six finalists for FootballScoop’s 2018 Running Backs Coach of the Year award, joining a group that also includes Oklahoma’s Jay Boulware and Clemson’s Tony Elliott.

I'm sure he will have some connections to TX as well. Should be a good hire...plus, with all the high level RBs that GA produces, come on...Choice is gonna do well in living rooms.
Hiring Tashard was a hell of a good Choice;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/unt...cle_847fdabd-d50e-5ae1-9453-d2122ae15958.html

"What people don't realize is what a good mentor and person Tashard is," Littrell said. "He develops those guys on and off the field. Wins, losses and competing for championships are important. What you do for the next 40 to 50 years of your life is even more important.

That last part is exactly what GT sells. Tashard's recruiting theme dovetails nicely into the biggest message of GT recruiting theme.