Talking Heads in clempson radio

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Great, hopefully this station keeps up the good work all week long ... loud and clear !
Oh, they talk a lot of talk.
They show no mercy, especially during their gamecock week.
I hope it continues all week.
With Watson coming back they are all praising him and calling out the playing of Stouts.

thwgjacket

Truth be told I think Clemson has a good defense, but let's look at some scores. They have played 2 good offenses, one good offense with a back-up QB and one average offense. The two good offenses they played were UGA and UNC. They gave up 45 and 35 in those games. The good offense with the back-up QB was FSU. They gave up 23. The average offense, and honestly the best game they played defensively was against U of L. They gave up only 17.
Like I said, Clemson had a good D but this isn't a Bama type D from a few years ago that people are making it out to be. I think a large part of that is that the Atlantic Division is overrated. Yes Clemson and FSU are good. But the Coastal is currently 4-4 against the Atlantic and honestly the Coastal will more than likely finish with a winning record over the Atlantic because Wake has not played either of their cross-divisional games yet.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Scary to see the amount of talent that's been at Clemson the past 2 years now in the NFL. Watkins, Hopkins, Bryant, Ellington all playing at a very high level in the NFL right now. Good to not have them there anymore. Hell even Catienzucchini is kicking well.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Scary to see the amount of talent that's been at Clemson the past 2 years now in the NFL. Watkins, Hopkins, Bryant, Ellington all playing at a very high level in the NFL right now. Good to not have them there anymore. Hell even Catienzucchini is kicking well.
I thought it was captain Morgan

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I predict this will be the week for some no-huddle and possibly even a pass by Smelter on an end-around. PJ has had this one circled for a while, and really wants to wipe the smile off of Dabo the Clown.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Truth be told I think Clemson has a good defense, but let's look at some scores. They have played 2 good offenses, one good offense with a back-up QB and one average offense. The two good offenses they played were UGA and UNC. They gave up 45 and 35 in those games. The good offense with the back-up QB was FSU. They gave up 23. The average offense, and honestly the best game they played defensively was against U of L. They gave up only 17.
Like I said, Clemson had a good D but this isn't a Bama type D from a few years ago that people are making it out to be. I think a large part of that is that the Atlantic Division is overrated. Yes Clemson and FSU are good. But the Coastal is currently 4-4 against the Atlantic and honestly the Coastal will more than likely finish with a winning record over the Atlantic because Wake has not played either of their cross-divisional games yet.

CU and U[sic]Ga were tied at 21 at the half. georgie then shut them down in the second half. they also scored TDs on the their last 3 drives, the last 2 taking 1 play each, runs by chub & girly.

It looked like georgie found a way to steal CU's signals because their D shouldn't be that good.

Their game against UNC was like their game against us last year. They were up 36-14 with 6 1/2 min left in 3rd and knew that they could keep scoring.

They will be the best D that we've faced since we scored 27 in 10 drives versus VPI.

thwgjacket

CU and U[sic]Ga were tied at 21 at the half. georgie then shut them down in the second half. they also scored TDs on the their last 3 drives, the last 2 taking 1 play each, runs by chub & girly.

It looked like georgie found a way to steal CU's signals because their D shouldn't be that good.

Their game against UNC was like their game against us last year. They were up 36-14 with 6 1/2 min left in 3rd and knew that they could keep scoring.

They will be the best D that we've faced since we scored 27 in 10 drives versus VPI.
Ok I get your UNC argument for their D but not the UGA one. Are you saying Clemson's D is good because Georgia scored on busted plays or something?
Also, the UNC game was a 2 score game in the 4th so it's not like Clemson had their scrubs in for the entire 2nd half.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I predict this will be the week for some no-huddle and possibly even a pass by Smelter on an end-around. PJ has had this one circled for a while, and really wants to wipe the smile off of Dabo the Clown.

Unless we are behind I don't think we see the no huddle. If we are able to score at a regular (slow tortuous) pace, we want to shorten the game if we are ahead. Keep the D off the field. If we are tied, maybe the last drive if our O hasn't been effective all day, but then score with little time on the clock.

If we go to OT, then I agree no-huddle would be a great option!