Talking Heads in clempson radio

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
This station (105.5 the roar. TUNE IN radio app) has started talking thru GT/CU game week.
This morning they had a caller who watched our game Saturday.
He said JT was not playing well so they brought in TB...
Also that our OL got away with the "chop" all day

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
wherestom2.gif

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Caller "expert" mentioned chops and that Williams will run it up the middle all day.. Radio "expert" said he didn't watch the whole game but JT lifted because of his performance

Animal02

Banned
This station (105.5 the roar. TUNE IN radio app) has started talking thru GT/CU game week.
This morning they had a caller who watched our game Saturday.
He said JT was not playing well so they brought in TB...
Also that our OL got away with the "chop" all day

What I sensed wrt JT is he is not taking the hits....giving up a 1/2 yd and going down or going out of bounds........which I have no problem with....I would rather keep him healthy than get an extra 1/2 that er don't "need" TB fills in seamlessly.....so why not give JT a breather....especially near the endzone where TB's size helps in the push.
Chop block - cut block............what is the difference :confused: :)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Now another caller says out defense "is as bad as theirs"....? Is that a compliment for us?? FWIW the radio guy said we have stepped it up the past 2 weeks. But they will run us to death.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
They have athletes, but I have confidence that our coaching staff is MUCH smarter than theirs, and our players are smarter than theirs. With that said, if their frosh QB is healthy, we have no one that can contain him or stop his accurate passing. We NEED to jump them early, and get up by 2 scores, and hang on for dear life......

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
What I sensed wrt JT is he is not taking the hits....giving up a 1/2 yd and going down or going out of bounds........which I have no problem with....I would rather keep him healthy than get an extra 1/2 that er don't "need" TB fills in seamlessly.....so why not give JT a breather....especially near the endzone where TB's size helps in the push.
Chop block - cut block............what is the difference :confused: :)
Agree, not to mention getting hit a bunch, while I'm sure he's tough enough to take it, has to take a toll on his throwing arm wrt accuracy. He's been a much more accurate passer the past few weeks and I can't remember him recently sailing one high that wasn't on purpose (a few of his high passes have been into double or triple coverage and I believe he was putting it where no one could get it to fight another day.) It's really fun to seem him grow as a player in this offense.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at TigerNet and another Clemson board, it sure seems like the great majority of those Tiger fans are expecting to pick up a convincing victory, not only based upon the Tiger defense stats this season (certainly a valid, reasonable point), but also based upon the previous two seasons' games against Tech.

Most Tiger fans seem oblivious to Tech running far less genuine triple option last season, Tech's o-line having improved considerably since 2013, and JT being far better running CPJ's core offense than Vad Lee was. As for 2012, Clemson fans forget the dumpster fire that Tech was at that point -- fresh off the upset by MTSU, and Clemson enjoying the final appearance of Al Groh as Tech DC ("Defense Confuser"?) before CPJ canned Groh. JT is far more of a threat than Tevin Washington was, and JT enjoys the presence of a couple of solid senior WRs, a factor not enjoyed by Tevin. Clemson's DC Brent Venables is very good -- but he and his squad will face a far better Tech offense than he faced the previous two seasons.

Yep, Clemson's D is very good, and their young offensive playmakers obviously are talented; they're justifiably favored by a little bit. But after checking those Clemson forums, I hope more than ever that there will be some extremely sad and surprised Tiger fans at 3:30 Saturday afternoon.

Animal02

Banned
Looking at TigerNet and another Clemson board, it sure seems like the great majority of those Tiger fans are expecting to pick up a convincing victory, not only based upon the Tiger defense stats this season (certainly a valid, reasonable point), but also based upon the previous two seasons' games against Tech.

Most Tiger fans seem oblivious to Tech running far less genuine triple option last season, Tech's o-line having improved considerably since 2013, and JT being far better running CPJ's core offense than Vad Lee was. As for 2012, Clemson fans forget the dumpster fire that Tech was at that point -- fresh off the upset by MTSU, and Clemson enjoying the final appearance of Al Groh as Tech DC ("Defense Confuser"?) before CPJ canned Groh. JT is far more of a threat than Tevin Washington was, and JT enjoys the presence of a couple of solid senior WRs, a factor not enjoyed by Tevin. Clemson's DC Brent Venables is very good -- but he and his squad will face a far better Tech offense than he faced the previous two seasons.

Yep, Clemson's D is very good, and their young offensive playmakers obviously are talented; they're justifiably favored by a little bit. But after checking those Clemson forums, I hope more than ever that there will be some extremely sad and surprised Tiger fans at 3:30 Saturday afternoon.

Sort of the way we felt about Duke :mad:

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

Even in those years, our offense hurt them.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Even in those years, our offense hurt them.
Yessss. People tend to forget since we lost the last two years, but this game has not been a cakewalk for the Tiggers. I'm sure their coaches are reminding them of that.

I don't think they can stop us; shoot, I'm not sure anyone can, given our present level of O efficiency. It'll come down to how often we stop them. Let's hope its enough.