Take that 680 the dwag.

Deleted member 2897

I totally get not caring what the 680 morning crew thinks of you. (They're nimrods). However, you want at least a couple of local sports people to write some good press on you.

I hear this all the time: "They're all UGA grads, they won't write anything nice about us". Well, some of them are Florida or Auburn grads who wouldn't mind writing something nice about Tech instead of having to write something about UGA. They aren't mostly UGA grads.
I hear this all the time: "Coach ABC at <insert school name here> doesn't like us so we can't recruit any of his players".

There should be a few reporters and coaches who think "CPJ is my guy". I don't hear those stories.

If you start pulling in schools like Auburn and others, you getting even worse than georgia if you look up how schools are ranked. That doesn’t really help the argument. Plus, it’s still all SEC. they think they’re the only ones who play football, and they could care less about actual school.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
What Ken did was go behind CPJ's back to get some injury information from an SID underling that CPJ was not giving.

And the self professed "King of College Football", Chuck Oliver tried to pull a fast one on CPJ in a radio interview on his other show, "Southern Sports Today" by asking a specific question about Taquon Marshall's injury. CPJ didn't take the bait and gave him a rather terse response. Chuck probably needed a lot of butthurt cream after that interview.

So Chuck, by name calls out a couple of our senior players as not being ACC Caliber, as far as our recruiting goes. He then goes on to perpetuate the myth that Tech should be able to recruit as good if not better than big name High Academic Standard Liberal Arts Universities in TN, NC, IN, and CA.

According to Rivals, we don't have a single commit from a top 50 player in Georgia.
According to 247, the highest rated Georgia commit is number 74.

We should be recruiting better in our home state. How can anyone dispute that? The academic excuse only goes so far.

When our fans stop being defensive (this thread is Exhibit A) and start demanding better, and support the program to do better, we will do better. Until then, we will continue to be mediocre.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would not mind WREK and network through them.

For the UVa game, I had to listen to Demetra while driving to someone who had the game. I wish that Wiley Ballard would be more involved. They only had him in snippets.

....There's a reason this scene was in Bull Durham:

Best line at the end; "Never **** with a winning streak".

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
According to Rivals, we don't have a single commit from a top 50 player in Georgia.
According to 247, the highest rated Georgia commit is number 74.

We should be recruiting better in our home state. How can anyone dispute that? The academic excuse only goes so far.

When our fans stop being defensive (this thread is Exhibit A) and start demanding better, and support the program to do better, we will do better. Until then, we will continue to be mediocre.

I would like to kiss your lips. This guy gets it.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
If you start pulling in schools like Auburn and others, you getting even worse than georgia if you look up how schools are ranked. That doesn’t really help the argument. Plus, it’s still all SEC. they think they’re the only ones who play football, and they could care less about actual school.
you missed the point. the point is where someone went to school doesn't have anything to do with how they cover things. the chattanooga guy who covers UGa? He likes PJ. He's been on the Georgia beat for close to 20 years for the TFP but he knows PJ and likes him.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't want 680, or any media outlet, to be a propaganda mouthpiece for GT but if they are the flagship and there is some type of legal agreement then they should cover us. If they think we stink, talk about it and what we could do better or whatever. If we are playing well then talk about that. You can come up with informed content one way or the other which is what I want if we already have some type of financial agreement with them. I personally don't care about sports radio with so many other ways to get entertainment related to GT, but if we have an agreement (which I don't know if we do or what the details are) then I want to extract every last dime of what we are owed from it.