Syracuse Round 2 - Saturday 4pm

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well Lammers is trying to Professor X the blocks out and Q is laughing at the children because he's the king of bricks.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
28K tickets sold and they're now pushing for 30K

And aother good Syracuse thread.
I really hope someone on Georgia Tech Airballs early in the game
Of course someone suggested just picking someone from the tip.
This is the greatest idea ever. Just pick the best player and start chanting airball from the get go. Brilliant!!
I think it's a bad idea. Don't want Gillon to get PTSD.
I'm glad our fans couldn't even pull this off. Never has it annoyed me more than that game. Hats off to those fans.
I have to give props to Tech fans for that. It annoyed me and you could see it annoyed him. At first he became more aggressive, then he went totally passive.

I think it's the best trolling I have seen at an ACC arena. Unlike those entitled self-important morons at Duke jumping around all game. That does nothing to throw you off.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
One benefit to the schedule for once. Playing at Cuse allows the team to stay in NY for the acc tournament and not have extra travel. Hopefully they can get some much needed rest.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One benefit to the schedule for once. Playing at Cuse allows the team to stay in NY for the acc tournament and not have extra travel. Hopefully they can get some much needed rest.

I hope that's what we're doing because seems wasteful to fly back to ATL after game, only to fly back up on Sunday. And I received an email stating they're getting to NYC on Sunday.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Side note - as much as we really need to win this game to strengthen our postseason hopes, it feels like all of the pressure is on Cuse. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Side note - as much as we really need to win this game to strengthen our postseason hopes, it feels like all of the pressure is on Cuse. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Yeah, I'm really in a house money mood. I want the win and dance card, but I'm not going to be too upset falling short.

That being said, my expectations for next year are much higher than they were.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure we get an NCAA invitation even if we win, but Syracuse has to know a win here is probably all they need. Gillon could be the key in this game. If he is on his game we probably cannot keep it close. But, he can really stink up a game when things are not going well. In ACC games Gillon is averaging 12.6 ppg, but his standard deviation is 10.55!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure we get an NCAA invitation even if we win, but Syracuse has to know a win here is probably all they need. Gillon could be the key in this game. If he is on his game we probably cannot keep it close. But, he can really stink up a game when things are not going well. In ACC games Gillon is averaging 12.6 ppg, but his standard deviation is 10.55!

Agree his play is the key....just don't have a good feeling about it in my gut. Here's hoping my gut is worthless....

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer

This is pretty typical for a basketball players. A standard deviation of 10.5 sounds fantastic, but in reality is pretty ordinary...

To put this in perspective, Q averages 9.5 points per game in conference play. His standard deviation is 24.

And, not to just pick on Q, Big Ben has an average of 14.76 in conference play with a standard deviation of 24 as well...

/

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Just witnessed a fantastic victory from my GSU Panthers!!! #StateNeverSouthern @ChasonBaller any thoughts?

Checked the score of GT-CUSE on my phone. What is going on? Seems like we're flat. Cmon jackets, make it a great day!!!