Syracuse Round 2 - Saturday 4pm

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This time we visit the Carrier Dome. There will be ~25K in attendance and maybe up to 28K given it's a Saturday afternoon game, Senior Day and what this means for the postseason.

I expect Syracuse to be favored by 7-9, given home/away performance of both teams and not much separation in the game played at McCamish. I'm no betting expert though.

Both teams NEED this win. Both fanbases view this like an elimination game. I think a win propels one team forward into the projected tournament field and the other needs an ACCT run. Ultimately this sucks for me as a fan of both. But moreso it sucks for all fans as both teams are far better now than their November/December performance. The issues surrounding new faces/new systems have been minimized.

Here's some chatter on the Syracuse board to get things started:
Very simple comrades in regards to our fate
We need to beat Tech on Saturday. If we lose that is our 14th loss, than if we lose in the ACC tourney, regardless what round we lose that is our 15th loss.

I have a hard time imagining that cuse will make the tourney with 15 losses, let alone any team.

Basically we need to win Saturday. If we don't I have no faith in getting a NCAA bid, unless we win the ACC tourney.

Bottom line, senior day, win your home game. Tech ruined our senior year back in 2014, CJ fair senior year. This game is payback
The game would be big regardless, but the fact that it's against another bubble team, in our conference, that would sweep us and tie us in conference record if we lose, compounds the biglyness exponentially.

Ga Tech Prediction Thread... some new funny ones
Jose Alvarado 69
We don't know yet 73
Ben Lammers 58
Airball 54
Entire Cuse team- 76
Lammers - 68

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Everything seems to point to a Syracuse win...probably pulling away at the end.

Aren't there also rumors that Boeheim might retire...so maybe this is his last game in the Carrier Dome?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We are winning this game and going to the Big Dance. If anybody disagrees please keep it to yourself so I don't have to wish bad things on you and your family.
IMG_1107.JPG

There he goes...

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I will be watching and rooting hard for the jackets, but I don't see a win @Syracuse. It's hard to win there. Still I want it badly. We need to start hot and play with great effort on defense. We need to actually hit some 3s if they're open. I think if we score 68 we win a close game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I hated the matchup when we won and I hate it now.

I wonder if Bowheim has the stones to press us from the jump like they did (very effectively) the last 5 mins of the game in Atl.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I hated the matchup when we won and I hate it now.

I wonder if Bowheim has the stones to press us from the jump like they did (very effectively) the last 5 mins of the game in Atl.
Could happen, but it would be completely out of the ordinary. Boeheim has only gone to it out of necessity (when down) this year. And 6-7 man rotation = can't press all game.

It's been really effective this year when used, and it's been useful many times, save for the last 'Ville game. It worked against 'Ville the first time though.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Will the team be staying in New York until Tuesday or flying home and then right back on Monday sometime for the tourney on Tuesday?