Supporters Section at BDS

They still need to leave 10-12 seats up front for the GoldFellas. They were banned from the north end zone a number of years back.
I wasn't aware they were banned. WTH did they do that? When the south stand were full, those guys made it fun. I agree with leaving them there though if it were to become a "supporters section". My fear is, however, that there aren't currently enough people who would even buy cheap seats there. I hope I am wrong.

My mind went in the wrong direction of supporters section. But, now that I have the real answer as to what its in, I love the idea.

And don't tell me that they can't tear down the West stands and rebuild them in one season. Texas A&M went from this:View attachment 7375

To this:View attachment 7376

in just one season. Complete tear down and rebuild of pressbox side of stadium in 8 months and under budget.

I was hoping that when we announced a partnership with the Benz that we would play one full season there while BDS@HGF underwent a major rebuild. I'm hoping that with AI2020, a good portion of it, after the new Edge building, will go towards stadium renovations. Our displays and rust and the halfa**ed tribute to Castlebury are just pathetic.

I can certainly understand thoughts about rebuilding the west stands, but I think the east stands and deck need to be rebuilt first,

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see Techwood turned into a one way (or fully closed) and the concourse expanded out.
WARNING SLIGHT RANT AHEAD
The Tech Market was a joke all season but especially so last Saturday. That big area blocked off with NOTHING out there except another run of the mill concessionaire. It's the perfect place for food trucks or pop up stands. I know things don't change over night, but c'mon man.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the idea of a supporters section. I reviewed the website for Atlanta United. Well done.
Curious. What do these acronyms mean? Tifo and Capo??

Even though we lost to UGA, I had one of the best times/experience ever.
Thank you staff, security, cheerleaders, the band and of the course the coaching staff and players. We will be good going forward.
Our gold helmet and unis shimmered in the afternoon light.

Never wear Black!
Never wear all Blue!
Up with the White and Gold!

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the idea of a supporters section. I reviewed the website for Atlanta United. Well done.
Curious. What do these acronyms mean? Tifo and Capo??

Even though we lost to UGA, I had one of the best times/experience ever.
Thank you staff, security, cheerleaders, the band and of the course the coaching staff and players. We will be good going forward.
Our gold helmet and unis shimmered in the afternoon light.

Never wear Black!
Never wear all Blue!
Up with the White and Gold!

tifos are the banners the supporters make and display before a game.

https://external-preview.redd.it/B0...bp&s=20c47cc97ddf1b6e2189a914e5a3fab2694932bd

Capos are the leaders of the section and call out what cheer to do.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I prefer to have the best view of the field to watch the game in and support the team. I prefer Upper East.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
My mind went in the wrong direction of supporters section. But, now that I have the real answer as to what its in, I love the idea.

And don't tell me that they can't tear down the West stands and rebuild them in one season. Texas A&M went from this:View attachment 7375

To this:View attachment 7376

in just one season. Complete tear down and rebuild of pressbox side of stadium in 8 months and under budget.

I was hoping that when we announced a partnership with the Benz that we would play one full season there while BDS@HGF underwent a major rebuild. I'm hoping that with AI2020, a good portion of it, after the new Edge building, will go towards stadium renovations. Our displays and rust and the halfa**ed tribute to Castlebury are just pathetic.

I like what you're suggesting but you're using almost two extreme cases in regards to available funding mechanisms that allowed one to happen and one to wish could happen.

All you need is money to attain a completion date and a creative planner to make the claim that something came in "under budget".

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I like what you're suggesting but you're using almost two extreme cases in regards to available funding mechanisms that allowed one to happen and one to wish could happen.

All you need is money to attain a completion date and a creative planner to make the claim that something came in "under budget".

Not to mention that Texas A&M is drowning in oil money. I think I won't live long enough to see BDS modernized much beyond what we've got. Meanwhile, Alabama is spending $100M to update their stadium, UT is spending $300M, etc. etc.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
The current south end zone has not been full in years, and the students there should be put back in the north end zone. I like the idea of a new supporters section, maybe with some new plaza suites above similar to the new trend in stadiums. This is a Vegas concept for their new stadium....
Las-Vegas-Stadium-field-suites-rendering.jpeg

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to mention that Texas A&M is drowning in oil money. I think I won't live long enough to see BDS modernized much beyond what we've got. Meanwhile, Alabama is spending $100M to update their stadium, UT is spending $300M, etc. etc.

Yeah, A&M has no shortage of money, and that’s all that’s really needed. They are ranked as the #1 most valuable team in CFB, a fact which surprised me. So they have all the money they need to do something like that in a short time frame. We don’t, unfortunately, and BDS sorely needs it.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I said this about 8 months ago. That we need a section that wont sit down and wont shut up.

People told me it wouldn't work because it's not soccer. My idea is anytime we are on defense we are as loud as we can be till our throats bleed.

Section 101 is like this now. We need more people in 101 to be LOUD

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I said this about 8 months ago. That we need a section that wont sit down and wont shut up.

There is an old saying that you cannot legislate morality. I think you cannot command emotion and drama either, especially at games. It happens organically.

What bothers me most about Tech Athletics is the lack of engagement across the state. In Alabama for example, EVERY COUNTY has an affiliate of either Auburn or Alabama working the local community … fundraisers, speakers at high schools, alumni clubs, fan clubs, etc. FSU makes more money from the Seminole Club than they do selling football tickets.

If Tech engages the state rather than ignores it, I think a lot of problems would take care of themselves. Sadly, I know more Tech graduates in Shanghai than Savannah.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
There is an old saying that you cannot legislate morality. I think you cannot command emotion and drama either, especially at games. It happens organically.

What bothers me most about Tech Athletics is the lack of engagement across the state. In Alabama for example, EVERY COUNTY has an affiliate of either Auburn or Alabama working the local community … fundraisers, speakers at high schools, alumni clubs, fan clubs, etc. FSU makes more money from the Seminole Club than they do selling football tickets.

If Tech engages the state rather than ignores it, I think a lot of problems would take care of themselves. Sadly, I know more Tech graduates in Shanghai than Savannah.

But I know first hand that 9/10 if someone is willing to take the 1st step thousands will follow. Section. 101 is first to stand up and be loud on third down. Or on important drives. We have definitely gotten other groups into it as they will look over at us and decide "what the hell, might as well join".

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
But I know first hand that 9/10 if someone is willing to take the 1st step thousands will follow. Section. 101 is first to stand up and be loud on third down. Or on important drives. We have definitely gotten other groups into it as they will look over at us and decide "what the hell, might as well join".

This is the Technology Adoption Curve in action. It also applies to consumer behavior. If the AA would seed folks in various sections to raise hell, you would be surprised how viral it can become. But as long as we have homogenous sections where there is no catalyst, ho hum is the word.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn't aware they were banned. WTH did they do that? When the south stand were full, those guys made it fun. I agree with leaving them there though if it were to become a "supporters section". My fear is, however, that there aren't currently enough people who would even buy cheap seats there. I hope I am wrong.
I'm going off what my daughter said. She's been a Gold"Fella" for the last couple of years.

IT’S MMMMMOOOOOONNNNNEEEEEYYYY DDDDDOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNN.

You mean to tell me that’s not doing it for you? /s

That should have been lower case letters, there's no excitement when he says it (I wouldn't be too excited either, tho). So, it's mmmmmmmoooooonnnnnneeeeeyyy dddddoooooowwwwwnnnn