Super Bowl 51 Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Most recent photo of Tom Brady

IMG_0339.JPG

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I am so sick of hearing about how Atlanta is cursed. Atlanta isn't cursed. That's a cop out for weak minded people. The Falcons piddled with a big lead and lost. That's not a curse. That's coaching. Good riddance Kyle Shanahan.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I am so sick of hearing about how Atlanta is cursed. Atlanta isn't cursed. That's a cop out for weak minded people. The Falcons piddled with a big lead and lost. That's not a curse. That's coaching. Good riddance Kyle Shanahan.
There was talk on the Atlanta Falcons pregame that the offense would probably slip in 2017 with a new offensive coordinator at the helm.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I haven't felt this bad since the Braves gave up a 59-2 lead against the Yankees in game 3 back in 90-whatever and went on to lose the world series.

Don't know how many of you guys were around for the Falcons choke against Dallas in the Championship game back in 78 or whatever - but last night was deja vu all over again.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I haven't felt this bad since the Braves gave up a 59-2 lead against the Yankees in game 3 back in 90-whatever and went on to lose the world series.

Don't know how many of you guys were around for the Falcons choke against Dallas in the Championship game back in 78 or whatever - but last night was deja vu all over again.

I was at the Dallas game, thanks for reminding me ;) effing Danny White

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

1980 season... divisional playoff game in January ... yes that one still hurts, but not like last night :(

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Game reminded me of the 2013 ugag game. Up 21 points, go to overtime, defense give out.

The Falcons made three game losing mistakes around the 4 minute mark: 2 coaching errors and one really bad player mistake. (1) The tired D had lost its pass rush but no coaching adjustment was made allowing Brady to pick the Falcons apart in the last two drives. (2) With 4 minutes left and an 8 point lead at the 25 yard line (good field goal position) with 2nd and 8 the Falcons should have run two plays to milk the clock down to 2 minutes + and kick the field goal for an 11 point lead. (3) big mental mistake by Ryan to take the sack and take the Falcons out of field goal range from 2nd and 8 at the 25 yard line. This was a virtually sure win if the Falcons go up by 11 with less than 3 minutes.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The Falcons made three game losing mistakes around the 4 minute mark: 2 coaching errors and one really bad player mistake. (1) The tired D had lost its pass rush but no coaching adjustment was made allowing Brady to pick the Falcons apart in the last two drives. (2) With 4 minutes left and an 8 point lead at the 25 yard line (good field goal position) with 2nd and 8 the Falcons should have run two plays to milk the clock down to 2 minutes + and kick the field goal for an 11 point lead. (3) big mental mistake by Ryan to take the sack and take the Falcons out of field goal range from 2nd and 8 at the 25 yard line. This was a virtually sure win if the Falcons go up by 11 with less than 3 minutes.

It's hard to blame Ryan on the sack/fumble when Freeman absolutely whiffed on his block of Hightower.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
All we had to do is run the ball and kick a field goal, but no let's call a play for Matt to have a 5 step drop back.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Sando ESPN Senior Writer
Teams were 0-191 since '01 when trailing by exactly 25 points with 22 or fewer minutes left in regulation. Make it 1-191 thanks to the Patriots.

Chris Sprow ESPN.com
Last eight NFL MVPs to play in a Super Bowl … lost. Ouch. Per ESPN Stats & Info: 2016 Matt Ryan (Lost) 2015 Cam Newton (Lost) 2013 Peyton Manning (Lost) 2009 Peyton Manning (Lost) 2007 Tom Brady (Lost) 2005 Shaun Alexander (Lost) 2002 Rich Gannon (Lost) 2001 Kurt Warner (Lost)