Student section

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Frenzied, exciting football games at night lend themselves to great TV and better recruiting.

I agree 100% about exciting football being the key. I think time of day is less important (but not completely unimportant). The style of football CPJ plays can be fun to watch, but only if everything clicks. The last several years it's been a like watching paint dry and knowing the outcome before kickoff. Take away the Alcorn States and Woffords and we've only won a game or two each year. It's really bad

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I agree 100% about exciting football being the key. I think time of day is less important (but not completely unimportant). The style of football CPJ plays can be fun to watch, but only if everything clicks. The last several years it's been a like watching paint dry and knowing the outcome before kickoff. Take away the Alcorn States and Woffords and we've only won a game or two each year. It's really bad
After Miami we have a really good chance of going 4 of 5 . UVA,=w, uga= not so much, 3 crummie teams in 19.

GT_EE78

Banned
Hey, if you’re an EE you should snob it up. [emoji3]. Don’t EEs get into partial DiffEQs and worse? I don’t know if I would’ve made it through the EE program...CE was bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
try the the diffeq's and integrals for radar and comm system algorithms... The CE's did learn that water runs downhill and ya can't push a rope ... right?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
try the the diffeq's and integrals for radar and comm system algorithms... The CE's did learn that water runs downhill and ya can't push a rope ... right?

Haha. CEs take DiffEQs too. We just didn’t do much with partial DiffEQs like EEs. I think the only partial that we worked with was the Navier-Stokes equation...and I feel okay about that.

GT_EE78

Banned
Haha. CEs take DiffEQs too. We just didn’t do much with partial DiffEQs like EEs. I think the only partial that we worked with was the Navier-Stokes equation...and I feel okay about that.

changed ur pic. thats a good one

GT_EE78

Banned
Unpopular opinion, but I think the students get more excited about the mini 500 than the games.... how do we gets these kids to care about the football team? Somehow have a project to involve them with the program????
If you think the students are Nerdy , try dealing with alumni. I organized football watching parties for alumni a few years and my group would come in and order a soda , then sip on free refills for the rest of tha game. Can't count the times i out drank the entire group. During a bad game ( had a lot to do with Reggie Ball) it was more fun at the LSU,auburn,clemson,USC tabels

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If you think the students are Nerdy , try dealing with alumni. I organized football watching parties for alumni a few years and my group would come in and order a soda , then sip on free refills for the rest of tha game. Can't count the times i out drank the entire group. During a bad game ( had a lot to do with Reggie Ball) it was more fun at the LSU,auburn,clemson,USC tabels

I get emails about the game watching parties and I want to go but I’ve always been reluctant to go. Let’s just say that I get a little loud about the games, especially when I have a few, and I was afraid I would be disinvited.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I get emails about the game watching parties and I want to go but I’ve always been reluctant to go. Let’s just say that I get a little loud about the games, especially when I have a few, and I was afraid I would be disinvited.

I think that was why i quit being invited to parties in my younger days:cigar:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

My brother in law was an EE. He never said anything about differential equations but both he and my dad, textile engineering 1950, said that no matter where they went people knew about Georgia Tech and automatically figured you knew what you were talking about. Just saying.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I thought that was changed after we studemts....er, I mean....some obnoxious fans, that is, threw all sorts of stuff at Notre Dame the year after Devine ran up the score on us.

Boy howdy, that Coach Devine had some serious personal issues. No matter where he went, people just did not like him. I know Pepper could get on your nerves but he was engaging, funny, and at that infectious grin but damn Devine hated him from the days they were opposing coaches in the Big Eight. One time, Devine who was at Missouri was running up the score on Pepper's outmatched Kansas team and Pepper, being Pepper, flashed him the peace sign. Devine gave him half of it back.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My brother in law was an EE. He never said anything about differential equations but both he and my dad, textile engineering 1950, said that no matter where they went people knew about Georgia Tech and automatically figured you knew what you were talking about. Just saying.
My dad worked at a great job for Lockheed-Martin(he since retired) and he said people with engineering degrees from GT were always highly respected.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Boy howdy, that Coach Devine had some serious personal issues. No matter where he went, people just did not like him. I know Pepper could get on your nerves but he was engaging, funny, and at that infectious grin but damn Devine hated him from the days they were opposing coaches in the Big Eight. One time, Devine who was at Missouri was running up the score on Pepper's outmatched Kansas team and Pepper, being Pepper, flashed him the peace sign. Devine gave him half of it back.
Dan was a typical 1950s-1970s head coach in that he was a major arsehole. Dan Devine and Woody Hayes would have gotten along well.